Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Air Force vs. Army

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Air Force vs. Army

I wasn't sure if the Air Force still deployed under the Army or not for "joint taskings". When I did it in early 2006, most people in both branches really didn't know a lot about each other's ways, but eventually learned to get along. And this was at Fort Bragg during our initial skills training, which was just a total mess! But I deployed with the Army again in 2009 and we had a sort of inbriefing warning us about how rude and insensitive the Army can be and had established liasons for us during deployment, or rather, higher uppers we could go crying to if we thought Army leadership was mistreating us.

I think it's interesting that the Army will spend weeks on end at COP's in the field without a shower, living off MRE's, getting shot at, and think nothing of it or expect no special privileges for it, whereas the majority of the Air Force will spend their time lounging at Bagram, stuffing their face with the "Golden Corral" food at the DFAC, or hog trough as I call it, and complain if the air conditioning or wireless internet goes out in their B-Hut. And expect an AFAM for the deployment!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Air Force vs. Army

Here we go lol...
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    I wasn't sure if the Air Force still deployed under the Army or not for "joint taskings". When I did it in early 2006, most people in both branches really didn't know a lot about each other's ways, but eventually learned to get along. And this was at Fort Bragg during our initial skills training, which was just a total mess! But I deployed with the Army again in 2009 and we had a sort of inbriefing warning us about how rude and insensitive the Army can be and had established liasons for us during deployment, or rather, higher uppers we could go crying to if we thought Army leadership was mistreating us.

I think it's interesting that the Army will spend weeks on end at COP's in the field without a shower, living off MRE's, getting shot at, and think nothing of it or expect no special privileges for it, whereas the majority of the Air Force will spend their time lounging at Bagram, stuffing their face with the "Golden Corral" food at the DFAC, or hog trough as I call it, and complain if the air conditioning or wireless internet goes out in their B-Hut. And expect an AFAM for the deployment!
    Stop it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I can see how different AFSC's have different cultural norms. I was deployed to Bagram once upon a time and while I am Air Force I couldn't stand a majority of the other Air Force people there. It amazed me that there were female Airmen walking around with their "hair did" as one proclaimed one day. They walked around on the Disney side with their coffee and whatnot completely oblivious to what was really going on off base. One day as I was washing my hands at the DFAC, I overheard her say, "You know your gun is much lighter when you take the bullets out of the clip." As I turned around to say something to her I noticed she had literally bedazzled her fucking weapon sling and put Barbie stickers on the buttstock of her M16! So I told her that if we were ever attacked and the enemy somehow made it to the flightline where she worked there was a statiscal probability that even IF she had rounds in the magazine she wouldn't shoot anyway. *in case some of you didn't know it has been estimated that during two World Wars roughly 15-20% never fired their weapons...this occured on both sides). With that in mind if someone who wanted to utilize her weapon tried they would surely die because her lazy ass removed the ammunition from her rifle.

I understand there are people who don't like cops, hell I can't stand many Air Force Cops...but the mentality of some Air Force people makes me want to slap the shit out of them for being dumber than any Army Private.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

November 2, 2013 is Army vs. Air Force. Other than that, we all work for the same guy.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Was there a question in there? My CC knows straight up... if the air conditioning goes off, I'm out. Gotta have standards bro.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Dude we get it,

you were an Airborne Chow Hall Ranger.

Why did you get out again? HYT at 20? Maybe if you weren't such a badass you would have studied, and made it a little longer.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Aside from Army Nuances most were envious of us, some choose to pound the ground, kill people and blow shit up, others choose to support. Only those with issues with manhood self worth and little dicks need to compare and pound their chest.
    I Support unisex bathrooms and unisex lockerroom..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Jondstewart... why are you obsessed with comparing the Army and Air Force? Why is that all you ever talk about?
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

All I know about the Army is, that outside of deploying they don't do much. Literally as I type this, I am watching 5 Army folk in base ops literally standing at the counter watching movies. I have no idea what they do because they are always watching tv. I think without 2 wars to fight, the Army is waaaay overmanned compared to the Air Force with no real mission outside of being in the war zone.

Thread Information