Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Unemployment a Civil Right?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Extended Unemployment a Civil Right?

I get that a lot of people depend on that money but a Civil Right?

Changes in North Carolina's unemployment law are just the latest in a series of issues behind the "Moral Monday" protests, which have drawn hundreds of civil rights leaders, left-leaning clergy and citizens to the state Legislative Complex almost every week since April 29.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Extended Unemployment a Civil Right?

From the article:

The state's Republican-controlled legislature opted out of a Medicaid expansion under ObamaCare that would have extended coverage to 500,000 low-income people. GOP lawmakers have also proposed reductions in state income taxes while increasing sales taxes, as well as cuts in public school funding and restrictions on early voting.
    Wow, so the NC Republicans aren't even trying to conceal it anymore... they're openly Fascist pricks now.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Well... the question is; what has the state been doing in terms of legislation to conditions conducive for businesses to hire more people?

If a government can't see to it that its people prosper, or provide for its people when it fails to do that, then why is the government even there?

North Carolina is such an interesting state - by raising sales tax, they're putting the burden of the tax on the poor. If the CEO of BofA and I each buy a Coke, I'm losing a higher percentage of my income to sales tax than that CEO is.

They don't have the balls to raise actual income tax, do they?

Especially when so many big banks - the "too big to fail" banks - are headquartered in North Carolina. They're in so much debt, and those cowards won't go after the big businesses. They go after the poor and unemployed.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

From the article:

The state's Republican-controlled legislature opted out of a Medicaid expansion under ObamaCare that would have extended coverage to 500,000 low-income people. GOP lawmakers have also proposed reductions in state income taxes while increasing sales taxes, as well as cuts in public school funding and restrictions on early voting.
    Wow, so the NC Republicans aren't even trying to conceal it anymore... they're openly Fascist pricks now. Tax cuts for the rich while increasing taxes for the poor, and cutting public education and unemployment benefits...

oh and just to add insult to injury, throw in some voter suppression. Is voter suppression now a standard part of all Republican legislation now? Did Republican Jesus come down and tell them that we need to keep the brown people from voting?
    Last edited by Banned; 07-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Funny that my brother in law just pulled his fifth wheel down there to take a brick mason's job on Fort Bragg. When there is no work in MI for him, (which there has been very little in the last few years) He travels as a gysy brick mason. I believe there is always work if your willing, (to do it, travel for it)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt"M" View Post
    Funny that my brother in law just pulled his fifth wheel down there to take a brick mason's job on Fort Bragg. When there is no work in MI for him, (which there has been very little in the last few years) He travels as a gysy brick mason. I believe there is always work if your willing, (to do it, travel for it)
    In other words, he found a job. Something that it takes some longer to do than others, regardless of the amount of effort that is put into it. So your brother's number came up. He's not special. He was simply an unemployed man whose time has come; while the rest fight for theirs.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    From the article:

Wow, so the NC Republicans aren't even trying to conceal it anymore... they're openly Fascist pricks now.
    How does this equate to racism?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt"M" View Post
    In other words, he found a job. Something that it takes some longer to do than others, regardless of the amount of effort that is put into it. So your brother's number came up. He's not special. He was simply an unemployed man whose time has come; while the rest fight for theirs.

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    How does this equate to racism?
    What....?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Never mind upon further review the ruling on the field is over turned. He didnt say racist. he said fascist.

My bad.
    No worries.

Thread Information