Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California rescuers suing druggies

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default California rescuers suing druggies

Apparently the resucers can sue because those lost were in possession of illegal drugs? I don't get it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/30...est=latestnews
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: California rescuers suing druggies

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Apparently the resucers can sue because those lost were in possession of illegal drugs? I don't get it.

If they were using while hiking I would understand, but in the car doesnt constitute use at the time of the incident.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    If they were using while hiking I would understand, but in the car doesnt constitute use at the time of the incident.
    I don't. Just because someone is high means they are unworthy of rescue? What if they were suffering from a mental condition, failed to take their meds and got lost, would THEY be worthy of getting rescued? What if they had gotten drunk and got lost? Are drunks worthy? It isn't like they were hiding at home watching and laughing as the rescuer fell and broke his back...they were friggin lost!
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Never said they werent worthy. What im getting at is tax payers shouldnt have to foot the bill for a drunk crashing or getting lost. Some high hikers should have to foot the bill when when the victim becomes lost or disoriented due to illegal activites or through blatant execution of poor judgement.

As for the person with mental issues being off meds requiring a rescue I think you can answer that one.

That scenario actually gets played out every now and then.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Just like some of us have called for the govt to start requiring those who fail to heed warnings to evacuate, and as such need to get rescued should be made to pay for it, so too should those who get stranded while high..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Apparently he didnt get the responses he thought he would.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Never said they werent worthy. What im getting at is tax payers shouldnt have to foot the bill for a drunk crashing or getting lost. Some high hikers should have to foot the bill when when the victim becomes lost or disoriented due to illegal activites or through blatant execution of poor judgement.

As for the person with mental issues being off meds requiring a rescue I think you can answer that one.

That scenario actually gets played out every now and then.
    ^This is probably the reasoning behind the case... also in the context of the rescuer who got seriously injured trying to find these idiots.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Apparently he didnt get the responses he thought he would.
    ??? What do you mean by that?

I just don't get it. People get lost all the time because of stupidity. The article didn't even say that these guys were stoned when they got lost...just that they had drugs in the car.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Ok, I am living in SoCal right now, and when this happened a few months ago. You could not go anywhere without finding it on the news, because they sent out a massive search and rescue effort to find these two people which one man fell a few hundred feet off the side of a ravine looking for them.
    Plus there were responses after they were found and in the hospital about there time led alot of people (including myself) to believe that they were were on something. When you are having hallucinations about snakes eating you and tigers chasing you. Then that means that they had a bad trip.
    Also they went out hiking and brought 1 bottle of water. WTF kind of sense does that make? It made alot of people very suspicious in the beginning.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Ok, I am living in SoCal right now, and when this happened a few months ago. You could not go anywhere without finding it on the news, because they sent out a massive search and rescue effort to find these two people which one man fell a few hundred feet off the side of a ravine looking for them.
    Plus there were responses after they were found and in the hospital about there time led alot of people (including myself) to believe that they were were on something. When you are having hallucinations about snakes eating you and tigers chasing you. Then that means that they had a bad trip.
    Also they went out hiking and brought 1 bottle of water. WTF kind of sense does that make? It made alot of people very suspicious in the beginning.
    Even if they were high as a kite, I am not sure they are financially responsible. How exactly does a Victim's Bill of Rights provide justification for this lawsuit? I could see the guy who fell being able to sue using Marsy's law but Orange County Fire Authority? They are victims? Wouldn't that indicate some intent on the part of the lost hikers?

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Thread Information