Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Records Review for MSgts

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Records Review for MSgts

How many of you accomplished a Records Review before your record was scored for SMSgt? About 1/2 of those who take the time to request a review will find missing documents. Only about 40% of all MSgt ever request a review. A very simple task that might make a huge difference. In 2003 found the latest EPR was missing from my file.
    15,000 records X 10-yrs in each folder = many mistakes.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Records Review for MSgts

Just curious to the percentage of fast burners who fail to check records for accuracy. Probably pretty low.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Agree...most of those have someone mentoring along the way and take care of the easy stuff. I was 'directed' by a Chief to get it done and provide him proof it was accomplished. That is solid leadership.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

He used his size 11 in my back side.
    Speed Mentoring was sort of cool. All the Chiefs were at the Club and about 40 or so Airmen came. Every 5 minutes they would rotate to another Chief for more questions.
    The plan came from the Airman Council.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I know you asked about MSgts, but I actually took the PTDY to go down to Randolph and check my promotion selection folder for O-4. I brought a binder full of my decoration orders and OPRs and stuff and was able to get a few holes filled in. I happened to be TDY to San Antonio anyway, so got an extra day tacked on to drive up to AFPC. That PTDY is authorized for anyone, I do believe, and not just officers.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Interesting. It sounds less like "Mentoring" and more like "Question and Answer." I am very cynical when it comes to these sort of events, especially when they are the brain child of some private organization such as an Airman's Council or a 5/6 Council. Usually they are nothing more than a bullet vehicle; a means to pad the AF Form 1206 of the A1C/SrA/SSgt/TSgt responsible for "leading/executing."

Other than the novelty factor, I wonder what one could take from "speed mentoring."
    Anytime young Airmen / NCOs want an audience with a bunch of Chiefs...it is a good thing. The real benefit came afterwards when one-on-one meetings were conducted.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    He used his size 11 in my back side.
    Speed Mentoring was sort of cool. All the Chiefs were at the Club and about 40 or so Airmen came. Every 5 minutes they would rotate to another Chief for more questions.
    The plan came from the Airman Council.
    Interesting. It sounds less like "Mentoring" and more like "Question and Answer." I am very cynical when it comes to these sort of events, especially when they are the brain child of some private organization such as an Airman's Council or a 5/6 Council. Usually they are nothing more than a bullet vehicle; a means to pad the AF Form 1206 of the A1C/SrA/SSgt/TSgt responsible for "leading/executing."

Other than the novelty factor, I wonder what one could take from "speed mentoring."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    I know you asked about MSgts, but I actually took the PTDY to go down to Randolph and check my promotion selection folder for O-4. I brought a binder full of my decoration orders and OPRs and stuff and was able to get a few holes filled in. I happened to be TDY to San Antonio anyway, so got an extra day tacked on to drive up to AFPC. That PTDY is authorized for anyone, I do believe, and not just officers.
    About 20 of us flew a C-17 to Randolph to check records. Wing leadership bought off on it and the aircrew (except load) were Captains like the rest of us. Talk about FW&B!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Sir, You are 100% correct. All anyone has to do is call them. They will fax or email a members records.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post

Anytime young Airmen / NCOs want an audience with a bunch of Chiefs...it is a good thing. The real benefit came afterwards when one-on-one meetings were conducted.

Thread Information