Thread: So what happened to the dress uniforms?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default So what happened to the dress uniforms?

So I was reading an article about the DOMA ruling, and I saw this photo (this thread is COMPLETELY unrelated to gay marriage, BTW)

What happened to the Class A's and/or ASU's? ACUs just seem incredibly tacky to me to wear to a formal event. Though to be fair, I've been in the NG for more than a year now, and have yet to be issued a set, and I'm sure as hell not buying any. But point still stands - ACUs are tacky. I think the USMC takes things to absurd extremes by banning the cammies under almost all circumstances (I think there's nothing wrong with buying some milk at Safeway in cammies or ACUs) - but still, a formal event? Wear a dress uniform. If you weren't issued one, wear a nice set of civies.
    Last edited by Banned; 06-29-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: So what happened to the dress uniforms?

When you're right, you're right. It is soldiers like the one pictured that cause policies to be set to a severe level. I can't see the rank insignia, but only a E-1 would presumably not know better. I have had troops ask me why there is still an article in the UCMJ about bestiality. My only response is that well... it must have been a serious problem once.

Soon, the Army will probably issue a policy prohibiting the wear of ACUs anywhere but on duty at the duty location. Soldiers will complain and they have this guy to thank.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    When you're right, you're right. It is soldiers like the one pictured that cause policies to be set to a severe level. I can't see the rank insignia, but only a E-1 would presumably not know better. I have had troops ask me why there is still an article in the UCMJ about bestiality. My only response is that well... it must have been a serious problem once.

Soon, the Army will probably issue a policy prohibiting the wear of ACUs anywhere but on duty at the duty location. Soldiers will complain and they have this guy to thank.
    It still is a problem. A Marine staff sergeant was caught having sex with his neighbor's dog last year.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/local/mar...d-dogs-1.55491

Unfortunately its not just the E-1s who do dumb shit.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Not that this bugs me, but I can't think of any instance in recent years where a soldier was wearing any uniform *but* the frumpy ACU pajamas. Do they even receive any other uniform issue?
    Beer is proof that God loves us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squid View Post
    Not that this bugs me, but I can't think of any instance in recent years where a soldier was wearing any uniform *but* the frumpy ACU pajamas. Do they even receive any other uniform issue?
    Who knows. The only soldier I know on here is Joe. But it's sad that the ONLY image that the Army can put out is one that includes one of the worst uniforms in history, the ACU. Somebody got rich as hell making that one up and doing the manufacture of it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squid View Post
    Theres's class A's, and ASU's. Both are garbage, in my opinion. And the Army (or at least the reserve/guard components) are atrocious at issuing these to Soldiers.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    You forgot officers.... That dude is a Capt...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...in-california/
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    You forgot officers.... That dude is a Capt...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...in-california/
    Exactly... so the guy knew / knows better. And it will be the junior soldiers that feel the wrath.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

First thing I noticed was his lack of a combat patch.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The Army is the worst service when it comes to uniforms.

The Army's situation is actually an easy fix. First, start actually using the Class A's/B's. I was stationed at Ft Sam Houston for three years; worked at the MEPS. There was an Army 1LT there who wore her Class B's everyday. Other than that, I never once seen any other Soldier EVER wearing anything other than the ACU's. Not once, outside of that 1LT at the MEPS I worked at.

Second fix... ditch all the damn patches, badges, cords and all that other shit that the Army throws on their uniforms like it's a damn Christmas tree. I mean, damn, you've got E3's walking around looking like generals from some third world country's military.

Oh, and third... the damn berets...
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Thread Information