Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Any Car guys here?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Any Car guys here?

Don't know if this is the best place to start this but here goes.
    Have always been a horsepower nut. Not brand specific...love all sports/performance cars. Here is a list of the toys I have owned.
    65 GT-350: Purchased from a Capt in AF when he PCSed to Japan...totaled by drunk driver.
    72 Chevelle: 1st car ever modified. Sold because could not afford the gas the Holly 850 double pump required.
    86 Buick Grand National. Drove for 135K miles...loved ever moment. Sold to buy a boat.
    66 427 Cobra replica. Built entire car, drove for 5K miles and sold to build new project...then got orders to Germany.
    09 BMW M3. Purchased while at Ramstein. Fastest production car I have owned yet. My limit was 175mph on the autobahn. Would guess it tops out just above 180.
    Current rides: 2012 F-150 Ecoboost and wife drives a 2012 BMW 528i.

On order: 2014 GT500 Mustang. This is my retirement present to myself...had to wait a year but will be delivered on/about 15 Aug. Can't wait to see what 662 factory HP feels like.

Anyway...what are your current rides or past toys you had to get rid of.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Any Car guys here?

In high school, I had a 1964 GTO, Detroit's first supercar. Turquoise body, white convertible top with the 389ci, tri-powered, under the hood, and mated with a 4-speed turbo trani. A Hurst, T-bar, shifter, and a 4:88 posi-trac rear end. Sold it about a month before enlisting.

After separating, the first time, bought a 1980 MGB-GT, limited edition. Last year they were in production. Black body, with convertible top, and silver striping along the rocker panels. After re-upping, later that year, was stationed in Pensacola, FLA., and found a little hi-fi shop were I had an Alpine stereo, with Pioneer speakers installed. Sold it in 1993. Chicks loved that little skate board!

The most notable of a handful of pick-ups, and 4WD's was a 1986 GMC High Sierra, 3500HD, 4WD, with single rears. Silver gray, with dark blue sides, and powder blue pin striping. 44", Buckshot Radial Mudders on white wagon wheels. Had a 350ci under the hood, but tweaked with Edelbrook high rise manifold, and a Holley 850. It had 4:11 diff's. Only got stuck one time. Pined against a tree in a ravine after sliding sideways.
    Last edited by Greg; 06-29-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

MGB...brings back childhood memories. Mother & Father use to road rally MG, Triumphs, and Austin Heelys. Guess that is were I get the passion for sport cars and horsepower.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Can't say I'm a car guy... but my "year in Afghanistan" present to myself is going to be a Caddy CTS-V!

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

That is one bad @ss Caddie! I was able to test drive a 2012 and was blown away by the sound and smooth application of power. I ordered the GT500 just because I wanted to own the most powerful production V-8 ever made anywhere.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    That is one bad @ss Caddie! I was able to test drive a 2012 and was blown away by the sound and smooth application of power. I ordered the GT500 just because I wanted to own the most powerful production V-8 ever made anywhere.
    I will be waiting for the re-introduction of the Shelby GT350 in 2015.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Have not seen the news of the 15 GT-350? Are you talking from Ford SVT or Shelby America?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

'59 El Camino 348 6 pac 4 speed posi, ALL FACTORY! '67 Impala 427 SS 4 spd posi trac factory! '64 Impala SS 4 spd posi 6 pac 396! '67,'68 SS Chevelle conv 396 4sp posi factory power tops,windows! (more to come)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    Have not seen the news of the 15 GT-350? Are you talking from Ford SVT or Shelby America?
    Shelby GT350.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Did check out the special order options from Shelby America before ordering the GT500. The GT350 is one bad pony!

Thread Information