Thread: New York Guard promotes sex offenders instead of prosecuting them says former SARC

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default New York Guard promotes sex offenders instead of prosecuting them says former SARC

A high-profile New York Air National Guard airlift wing has promoted sexual abusers instead of punishing them, according to the retired officer who handled claims of sexual assault in the unit.

"I can tell you from my firsthand experiences in this position, the program is BROKE, the commanders do not protect the victims or allow any follow up medical assistance," retired Lt. Col. Sharon Dwyer Stepp wrote in a letter she provided to The Associated Press on Thursday. "The perpetrators do not get punished, but instead are promoted."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...estigated.html
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: New York Guard promotes sex offenders instead of prosecuting them says former SAR

I can't believe @corneliusson hasn't chimed in yet.

I have nothing to add, except wondering why she waited till she was retired to grow a set, and what does she expect the command do if no victim comes forward? I wouldn't crucify anyone on hearsay.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: New York Guard promotes sex offenders instead of prosecuting them says former SAR

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    I can't believe @corneliusson hasn't chimed in yet.

I have nothing to add, except wondering why she waited till she was retired to grow a set, and what does she expect the command do if no victim comes forward? I wouldn't crucify anyone on hearsay.
    I can believe however, that I have no clue how to do @ crap
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Thread Information