Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Does President Obama have the will...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Does President Obama have the will...

How many people does Obama need to bomb before conservatives will stop accusing him of not being aggressive enough?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

How many people does Obama need to bomb before conservatives will stop accusing him of not being aggressive enough?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post

Never fear, "Progressives" say he isn't aggressive enough either...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/politi...tml?hpt=hp_bn3
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Never fear, "Progressives" say he isn't aggressive enough either...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/politi...tml?hpt=hp_bn3
    Of course Progressives are unhappy. There's a conservative in the white house.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

And conservatives are unhappy because there is a liberal in the White House... Like with Bush...liberals were unhappy because there was a conservative in the White House and conservatives were unhappy because there was a liberal in the White House....
    Funny how that works isn't it?

In fairness to Joe though I did laugh today when I read a comment to an article about the NSA surveillance scandal which castigated Obama for the trampling of our rights when I am pretty certain the commenter would have defended Bush for the same thing (and probably did with relation to the financial records monitoring scandal in the wake of 9/11)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Of course Progressives are unhappy. There's a conservative in the white house.
    And conservatives are unhappy because there is a liberal in the White House... Like with Bush...liberals were unhappy because there was a conservative in the White House and conservatives were unhappy because there was a liberal in the White House....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Funny how that works isn't it?

In fairness to Joe though I did laugh today when I read a comment to an article about the NSA surveillance scandal which castigated Obama for the trampling of our rights when I am pretty certain the commenter would have defended Bush for the same thing (and probably did with relation to the financial records monitoring scandal in the wake of 9/11)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Does our nuclear deterrent still work?
    Who would attack if we did away with our missiles?
    Countries don't seem to be undeterred in their quest for nuclear weapons.
    I think you meant to say that countries don't seem to be deterred from their quest for nukes... Interesting point though. Might there be a better way to keep people from attacking us? Like possibly staying the hell out of their business? The Constitution does say we should provide for the common defense, it doesn't say anything about stationing thousands of U.S. servicemembers overseas to "protect" other countries or deter attacks on our allies... How exactly would you feel if the Germans decided to establish bases in the United States? How about Kuwait? I'm not saying isolationism, I am just saying that maybe, just maybe, we should keep our military at home and that might help reduce our number of enemies...
    Hell, truth be told, I think our economic policies in regard to other countries is asinie as well. Why do we have an embargo against Cuba, Iran, and N. Lorea? Are the REALLY worse than the Chinese? Pakistanis? Why do we care so much? Wouldn't it be more effective to flood them with cool U.S. products? Look at the middle east, the change was brought about in no small part by young people that had access to all the cool technology...

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am guessing all countries where we are were not forced by gunpoint to have us thereAnd they have a financial benefit from us along with being able to use their
    Monies to better their countries and not require a large percentage of their
    Budget for defense, because having us there achieves that aspect.

So we should put full faith in the UN and NATO, with Russia and China
    Having veto power?
    Iraq? Afganistan? Seem to recall some sort of gunplay that resulted in our bases in Japan and Germany.... There was a scuffle that landed us on the Korean Penninsula as well... Aren't many overseas bases that we are at just because we though it would make a great vacation spot.... So we should maintain bases overseas so other countries don't have to foot the bill for their own defense?

Who cares? If we defend out turf and leave everyone else alone, who gives a shit if Iraq and Iran have a kerfuffle? Who really cares if S. Korea kicks the shit out of N. Korea?

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Does our nuclear deterrent still work?
    Who would attack if we did away with our missiles?
    Countries don't seem to be undeterred in their quest for nuclear weapons.
    Does it really matter what cool toys we have? Imagine for a minute we missile that could be launched from the U.S and destroy anyone in the world in seconds. Do you really think that would deter the kind of enemy we are fighting? The U.S. was exposed in the Vietnam and Korean wars. All of our enemies know that we can be beaten with guerilla tactics. The U.S. does not have the political will to launch weapons of mass destruction. That means our enemies just engage us in conflicts taht drag on for 10 years then we simply leave them alone.

Thread Information