Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

Sometimes I think the real story is the underlining message behind the action, and not the action itself. This guy definitely comes across as prior military in words and body language, and while a little over the top, you have to admit there is substance in his tirade.

What do you think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...7?comment=true
    Sgt. Mike / USMC

"To summarize: Three steps must be taken to smash the war racket.
    1. We must take the profit out of war.
    2. We must permit the youth of the land who would bear arms to decide whether or not there should be war.
    3. We must limit our military forces to home defense purposes."

- MajGen Smedley Butler, 'War Is A Racket'.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

In my experience, Wendy's doesn't put much emphasis on getting the order right...ESP at a drive-thru... If you read the article, he also asked for bacon (they charge you extra for that) and onions and got neither...got friggin cheese product instead....
    Last edited by Pullinteeth; 06-25-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    In my experience, Wendy's doesn't put much emphasis on getting the order right...ESP at a drive-thru... If you read the article, he also asked for bacon (they charge you extra for that) and onions and got neither...got friggin cheese product instead....
    I would expand this to include just about any fast food place. Minimum wage. Shit benefits. Little to no chance of advancement. Zero fucks given.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I would expand this to include just about any fast food place. Minimum wage. Shit benefits. Little to no chance of advancement. Zero fucks given.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I know this dude. Well, not really, but I know someone, who would act just as irrational.

But the question I would ask him is why has he returned if, twice before, there was a problem with his order.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Gotta tell you, it isn't often that a pizza joint gets my order wrong and while I don't care for 'em, I don't recall Burger King ever screwing up my order but yeah...point taken.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Gotta tell you, it isn't often that a pizza joint gets my order wrong and while I don't care for 'em, I don't recall Burger King ever screwing up my order but yeah...point taken.
    I haven't had any bad experiences with pizza places... but the Burger King on base at Camp Lejeune habitually fucked up my order. Same with McDonalds.

If I had to venture a guess - I would say there's more checks and controls in place at a pizza place - more eyes on your order before it goes out the door. But then again I've never worked at such a place, nor know very much about how it works.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It's an entry level job, not many go into the fastfood industry for benefits, advancement or high pay. An entry level job that does provide full fucking benefits is at UPS. Only problem there is it's very hard work.

Back on the topic of service. We eat fast food about once per year, but the best customer service I've found is at Chick Fil A and In-n-Out Burger. I'm sure there are others that pretend to care as much, but those are the two I've experienced.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    Sometimes I think the real story is the underlining message behind the action, and not the action itself. This guy definitely comes across as prior military in words and body language, and while a little over the top, you have to admit there is substance in his tirade.

What do you think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...7?comment=true
    "Yea..the hair and shorts confirm it; pointing finger too! Sounds like a few folks I read around here sometimes!"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Strange, the only time i had issues at a wendy's was i got jalipino's on a spicy chicken burger a while back when i asked for none.. Other than that i have never had an issue with my orders there.

I haven't had any bad experiences with pizza places... but the Burger King on base at Camp Lejeune habitually fucked up my order. Same with McDonalds.

If I had to venture a guess - I would say there's more checks and controls in place at a pizza place - more eyes on your order before it goes out the door. But then again I've never worked at such a place, nor know very much about how it works.
    Surprisingly, its only been a little casear's who have messed up a pizza order for me. Neither dominos or pizza hut have, and of the friends i have been at who ordered from papa johns, they have never mentioned their order got messed up.

As for on base places, the only 2 bases i have been on where i got an order dicked up was at the Del taco on San Digo base (wet side) and at the charlies at laken heath.

Thread Information