Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FED Waiver

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default FED Waiver

Does anyone know how long Financial Eligibility Determination waivers take to be approved? I've been waiting 4 months and no response yet. I read on a website that it should take no more than 2 weeks. Another website says it can take up to 5-6 months. Which is correct? Unfortunately, my recruiter has not responded to my emails/calls. Does anyone have any experiences with FED waivers? I would appreciate any information you may have on this subject.

Thank you everyone!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: FED Waiver

Quote Originally Posted by tricerri123 View Post
    Does anyone know how long Financial Eligibility Determination waivers take to be approved? I've been waiting 4 months and no response yet. I read on a website that it should take no more than 2 weeks. Another website says it can take up to 5-6 months. Which is correct? Unfortunately, my recruiter has not responded to my emails/calls. Does anyone have any experiences with FED waivers? I would appreciate any information you may have on this subject.

Thank you everyone!
    When I recruited for the enlisted program it took like 4-6 weeks, for the Health Professions is like 2 weeks. This timelines are not a rule and will vary from squadron to squadron. Also this time of the year is kind of like the worst time to seek any type of waiver specially for the enlisted program due to the fact that many of the jobs have been filled for the fiscal year 2013 so right now they probably waiting for the job slots for fiscal year 2014. Their is no need to approve waivers if there are no jobs available.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    When I recruited for the enlisted program it took like 4-6 weeks, for the Health Professions is like 2 weeks. This timelines are not a rule and will vary from squadron to squadron. Also this time of the year is kind of like the worst time to seek any type of waiver specially for the enlisted program due to the fact that many of the jobs have been filled for the fiscal year 2013 so right now they probably waiting for the job slots for fiscal year 2014. Their is no need to approve waivers if there are no jobs available.

Thank you for the response! Shouldn’t my recruiter still contact me and let me know what is going on? What will happen in the meantime? Will I still be able to be in DEP? Just curious, but would it matter if I joined the Navy instead of the AF?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am not saying that all of the recruiters are as bad as the one I am speaking about, but when my daughters husband was being recruited, time after time he stated false information about many AF related information things that he should have known. Probably he did know about the falsehoods he was passing on.

My daughter and her husband were continuosly lied to, prior to his going on to basic training.

There may be a reason that your recruiter hasn't told you about the FED waiver, although I can't think of a good reason for the recruiter not telling anything about the hold up for that.

Maybe the AF recruiter for this area is just one of a few bad recruiters for the USAF.

Maybe your recruiter is just bad at the job of telling the recruits the plain and simple facts about the USAF.

One more time, I don't know about any of the other recruiters for the USAF. I just know that the one that was recruiting my son in law should never have been given the job of recruiting. Maybe this one that you are talking about is the brother or sister of the recruiter that I am talking about. Or maybe the recruiter I am talking about has transferred and is your recruiter...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you for the response! Shouldn’t my recruiter still contact me and let me know what is going on? What will happen in the meantime? Will I still be able to be in DEP? Just curious, but would it matter if I joined the Navy instead of the AF?
    I shouldn't matter. Both services would have to process a FED Waiver. The Navy recruiter might be able to push it through faster, but maybe not. Plus, you'd almost be starting from scratch if you switched service choice so you need to factor that time lag in to your decision on whether to stick with the AF or go Navy.

My recommendation is to not let this sway your choice on which service to join. Just keep checking in with the recruiter on the status. Even if he's a "bad" recuiter, he'll get sick of answering your weekly "just checking the status" phone call and will get off his ass and push it through.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

YES he should have told you the same info I gave you and talk about your specific case. If you have been trying to contact him for weeks and can't get a hold of him try to find out where the main recruting office is and just show up there and speak to his flight chief. That should resolved the issue pretty quick.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    I am not saying that all of the recruiters are as bad as the one I am speaking about, but when my daughters husband was being recruited, time after time he stated false information about many AF related information things that he should have known. Probably he did know about the falsehoods he was passing on.

My daughter and her husband were continuosly lied to, prior to his going on to basic training.

There may be a reason that your recruiter hasn't told you about the FED waiver, although I can't think of a good reason for the recruiter not telling anything about the hold up for that.

Maybe the AF recruiter for this area is just one of a few bad recruiters for the USAF.

Maybe your recruiter is just bad at the job of telling the recruits the plain and simple facts about the USAF.

One more time, I don't know about any of the other recruiters for the USAF. I just know that the one that was recruiting my son in law should never have been given the job of recruiting. Maybe this one that you are talking about is the brother or sister of the recruiter that I am talking about. Or maybe the recruiter I am talking about has transferred and is your recruiter...
    Unfortunately this happens more than it should.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    I shouldn't matter. Both services would have to process a FED Waiver. The Navy recruiter might be able to push it through faster, but maybe not. Plus, you'd almost be starting from scratch if you switched service choice so you need to factor that time lag in to your decision on whether to stick with the AF or go Navy.

My recommendation is to not let this sway your choice on which service to join. Just keep checking in with the recruiter on the status. Even if he's a "bad" recuiter, he'll get sick of answering your weekly "just checking the status" phone call and will get off his ass and push it through.
    I appreciate the info. It means a great deal to me. I already decided on the AF, but mentioned the Navy if the AF doesn't work out for some reason. I will try to get a hold of him again, if not, show up at the office first thing in the morning.

It is a very frustrating situation since
    Im not sure whether i should enroll this coming school semester or not as well as buy a car since i don't have one at the moment. Hopefully this issue is resolved in the near future.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I appreciate the info. It means a great deal to me. I already decided on the AF, but mentioned the Navy if the AF doesn't work out for some reason. I will try to get a hold of him again, if not, show up at the office first thing in the morning.

It is a very frustrating situation since
    Im not sure whether i should enroll this coming school semester or not as well as buy a car since i don't have one at the moment. Hopefully this issue is resolved in the near future.
    If you don't absolutely need a car right now, I'd recommend holding off until you know where your first duty station will be. You won't have access to a car for at least three months after going to BMT (BMT time + ~first month of tech school) and if you get orders to Korea or Turkey (or even Guam I think), you're not authorized to ship a car as junior enlisted. Additionally, Japan has severe restrictions on what cars can be imported to their country so you probably wouldn't be shipping whatever you bought to Japan either. In any of those scenarios, you'd have a car payment for something sitting in storage or being driven by a family member.
    Last edited by Class5Kayaker; 06-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    If you don't absolutely need a car right now, I'd recommend holding off until you know where your first duty station will be. You won't have access to a car for at least three months after going to BMT (BMT time + ~first month of tech school) and if you get orders to Korea or Turkey (or even Guam I think), you're not authorized to ship a car as junior enlisted. Additionally, Japan has severe restrictions on what cars can be imported to their country so you probably wouldn't be shipping whatever you bought to Japan either. In any of those scenarios, you'd have a car payment for something sitting in storage or being driven by a family member.
    I just found out today from my recruiter that the AF is not really accepting waivers of any kind. He also told me that he will still check the status of my waiver. If they don't accept my waiver, i would have to check back some other time when the AF begins to accept waiver again.

Im not sure if i can wait that long since I'm 9months away from being too old to enlist in the AF. I don't know whether i should wait and hope the AF takes waivers soon, or try my luck with the Navy.

Thread Information