Thread: Best way to do...SAPR Training

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Best way to do...SAPR Training

sounds a lot like our base Resiliency Training

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Best way to do...SAPR Training

For most SAPR training is a down day or a day off, but for some of us lucky ones we get to work 8 hours before SAPR, go to SAPR for 8 hours then work another 8 hours right after.

On one...two..three...

Gooooooooooooooooo Air Foooooooooooorce!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
    For most SAPR training is a down day or a day off, but for some of us lucky ones we get to work 8 hours before SAPR, go to SAPR for 8 hours then work another 8 hours right after.

On one...two..three...

Gooooooooooooooooo Air Foooooooooooorce!
    seriously? Your commander is scheduling you to work 24 hours straight? I find that hard to believe.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    seriously? Your commander is scheduling you to work 24 hours straight? I find that hard to believe.
    Not quite, working 9 hours, get off work, have to be back in 7 hours, go to SAPR for 8 hours, then work 8 hours. So only working 16 hours straight tomorrow.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sounds like someone in your operational chain needs to grow a pair.
    I agree, and I respectfully brought this up and was told that its been congressionally mandated that everyone MUST have this training. I'm like well you do understand that while I am dealing with the real mission I am not going to be at a 100% and will be half asleep at work right? I guess thats good enough.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Not quite, working 9 hours, get off work, have to be back in 7 hours, go to SAPR for 8 hours, then work 8 hours. So only working 16 hours straight tomorrow.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I agree, and I respectfully brought this up and was told that its been congressionally mandated that everyone MUST have this training. I'm like well you do understand that while I am dealing with the real mission I am not going to be at a 100% and will be half asleep at work right? I guess thats good enough.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I also started to speak of the required time off between work but I decided to just keep my mouth shut once someone started chiming in saying that SAPR wasn't work and that its not my fault that I can't magically fall asleep within 10 seconds of getting home. But either way, I don't know the rules or even if there are any rules since we just do what we are told.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I also started to speak of the required time off between work but I decided to just keep my mouth shut once someone started chiming in saying that SAPR wasn't work and that its not my fault that I can't magically fall asleep within 10 seconds of getting home. But either way, I don't know the rules or even if there are any rules since we just do what we are told.
    Some career fields are lucky enough to have rules in writing. Mine says I can't schedule anyone to work more than 12 consecutive hours. I don't give a hoot what anyone says, if you're required to be somewhere in uniform for 8 hours, you're at work!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I always thought anyone who has ever been sexually assaulted should be excused from these kind of things. Any victim of a crime will tell you they relive that crime a lot. I can't imagine if I was sexually assaulted and having to attend this with my coworkers and relive the attack. I've got to think it would all come back.

Something management should probably consider....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Thread Information