Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Retraining Advisory

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Mandatory Retraining Advisory

So I received an email today with a list of NCO's. My name was on list and the sender explained that we could potentially be selected for retraining and that choosing something you would like to do would be the smart thing to do.

I looked at the list and since I wouldn't mind doing something new I applied for retraining and I am now waiting. Anyone else take the leap?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Mandatory Retraining Advisory

What did you pick?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KC-10 FE View Post
    What did you pick?
    I think I may have wasted a pick due to inefficient research..I chose Combat Weather (may have to be weather first), Aerial Gunner, UAV Sensor Operator, Education Training and Flight Attendent.

After UAV Sensor Operator I didn't care hence the last two. No matter what happens if I am chosen or not I'll be happy.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    I think I may have wasted a pick due to inefficient research..I chose Combat Weather (may have to be weather first), Aerial Gunner, UAV Sensor Operator, Education Training and Flight Attendent.

After UAV Sensor Operator I didn't care hence the last two. No matter what happens if I am chosen or not I'll be happy.
    I dont think you have to be weather first anymore to be a SOWT. They had just shredded those into two separate AFSCs towards the end of my time in the AF, 1W0X1 (Weather) and 1W0X2 (SOWT). They have a training pipeline setup for the SOWT path now. Although, @wxjumper might be able to answer those questions better than I can. If you have any general questions about the 1W0X1 career field you can send me a PM.
    Last edited by RFScott; 06-18-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sensor operator is a very smart move. It's the way of the future and you can make bank once you get out.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    I dont think you have to be weather first anymore to be a SOWT. They had just shredded those into two separate AFSCs towards the end of my time in the AF, 1W0X1 (Weather) and 1W0X2 (SOWT). They have a training pipeline setup for the SOWT path now. Although, @wxjumper might be able to answer those questions better than I can. If you have any general questions about the 1W0X1 career field you can send me a PM.
    Wow, love the new forums. Just got an email that I was mentioned and it brought me here even though I never viewed or followed this thread.

RFScott is right, SOWT is a separate career field and you would be put through the same training pipeline as CCT and be incorporated into STSs (an upcoming change, the 10th CWS is going away) when you graduate. You will have the same tactical training as everybody else, but your expertise would be on environmental reconnaissance and forecasting.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

@RFScott , @wxjumper , thank you for the info. I'm currently running primarily on my phone and I need to preserve my battery. I'll PM you tomorrow for some more information. Not sure if my injury will completely rule me out or if I will he lucky and have an opportunity to rehab before a class comes available. If I'm even selected of course.
    Last edited by AFKILO7; 06-18-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added "@".

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    So I received an email today with a list of NCO's. My name was on list and the sender explained that we could potentially be selected for retraining and that choosing something you would like to do would be the smart thing to do.

I looked at the list and since I wouldn't mind doing something new I applied for retraining and I am now waiting. Anyone else take the leap?
    I heard the list wasn't going to be released this year until after Phase I closes...meaning people on the list won't have the opportunity to see if they are on the list so they can volunteer first...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I got sucked up in Phase II in 97 and drug kicking & screaming from being an SP... sucked, but it obviously worked out. Roll with the punches and make the best of it.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    I heard the list wasn't going to be released this year until after Phase I closes...meaning people on the list won't have the opportunity to see if they are on the list so they can volunteer first...
    I should've been a bit clearer, the list was put together by a SNCO at the MPF. The list contained the names of NCO's who could potentially wind up on the "list", I am happy she took the time to compile a list personally. She showed me that she is at least trying to give us the opportunity to see act
    on something before we are forced into a situation.

Thread Information