Thread: Four Americans killed in rocket attack at Bagram

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Four Americans killed in rocket attack at Bagram

News breaking on CNN about four people killed after a rocket attack at Bagram AB...details still emerging...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Four Americans killed in rocket attack at Bagram

4 killed and 4 wounded... bad guys got lucky for once
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    It sucks It seemed like they were getting lucky more often towards the end of my time at KAF...
    been pretty quiet here <knock on wood>
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    4 killed and 4 wounded... bad guys got lucky for once
    It sucks It seemed like they were getting lucky more often towards the end of my time at KAF...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

How is that? Most of the rocket attacks on KAF hit outlying structures and there was no real damage. The only rocket attack I can think of that did kill someone was when it hit over by the American Gym. It didn't explode but the fragments did kill a Kenyan worker there. The last rocket attack that I saw while I was in KAF was when it hit the pizza hut. Luckily it was like 5am and no one was in there and no one was around it. But I still have some good pictures of it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    How is that? Most of the rocket attacks on KAF hit outlying structures and there was no real damage. The only rocket attack I can think of that did kill someone was when it hit over by the American Gym. It didn't explode but the fragments did kill a Kenyan worker there. The last rocket attack that I saw while I was in KAF was when it hit the pizza hut. Luckily it was like 5am and no one was in there and no one was around it. But I still have some good pictures of it.
    The last time I was there was a few years ago. I won't get into details because of OPSEC reasons, but there was one month when I was there where it seemed like they were just getting lucky shot after lucky shot. Not much in the way of casualties, but they were hitting other things...
    Last edited by RFScott; 06-19-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The last time I was there was a few years ago. I won't get into details because of OPSEC reasons, but there was one month when I was there where it seemed like they were just getting lucky shot after lucky shot. Not much in the way of casualties, but they were hitting other things...
    I was there for 2 years and yes they have routinely hit "other" things. But for the most part they wouldn't hit anything of merit.

Thread Information