Thread: Interesting Play

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Interesting Play

A £25billion rival to the Panama Canal could be built across Nicaragua – funded entirely by the Chinese.
    The hugely ambitious engineering project would give China control of a vital waterway to challenge the one completed by the US in Panama nearly 100 years ago.
    Legislation paving the way for a new canal was given the go-ahead by Nicaraguan politicians on Monday night and is expected to be approved by the National Assembly tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ded-China.html

This is interesting. A canal bank-rolled by the Chinese would no doubt be under the strong influence of the Chinese. The story does point out that such a canal would not be a canal under the direct control of the Chinese but still, it is interesting the moves that China is making. I wonder what, if anything, the United States will do in regards to this potential canal.
    Last edited by BOSS302; 06-13-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Interesting Play

"Read that a couple of days ago, that is where the first one was going to go; oh well had to happen eventually."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Interesting Play

Who really cares? The Chinese are literally planning to do exactly the same thing we did 100 years ago...except they only plan to control it for 50 years(we controlled the Panama canal for 85). If you don't want to use the Chinese canal, use the Panamanian one or go around....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Thread Information