Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New Air Force Basic Training Campus

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: New Air Force Basic Training Campus

There was nothing wrong with the old dorms. Hell trainee's kept that place imaculate so which dumbass O-6 messed it up. It will always be a DORMS just like the it will always be a CHOW HALL. Another example of discarding heritage for the next new buzz word. Fill that place with E-6's and E-7's looking for that next stripe and this is the BS we get.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default New Air Force Basic Training Campus

I'm sorry, the new Air Force BMT dorm. The Air Force Public Affairs is adamant about referring to these new facilities as "Basic Training Campuses" but no, that's not ever happening (at least for me). Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/5qhtb

What are your thoughts on this? My view is that it's a waste of money. EDIT: My friend, who recently graduated BMT but failed tech school and was discharged, informed me that hospital corners on the beds are no longer a requirement. Well, that just sucks. My first "networking" in the Air Force was with my bunk mate; I couldn't do a hospital corner at all and all his brown t-shirts looked like garbage when he tried to fold them. So we switched up and made it through.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Take more civilians to clean up after the 'boots' then go through every year!! LOL!..Campus??? WTF?
    Last edited by RobotChicken; 06-08-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

There was nothing wrong with the old dorms. Hell trainee's kept that place imaculate so which dumbass O-6 messed it up. It will always be a DORMS just like the it will always be a CHOW HALL. Another example of discarding heritage for the next new buzz word. Fill that place with E-6's and E-7's looking for that next stripe and this is the BS we get.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Whoa. Looks like a ton of money was spent. But a "Basic Training Campus"? You've got to be shitting me. Basic training isn't college. It's the military, for crying out loud. Wonder how many of these complexes there will be at Lackland.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

For anyone curious about the "Basic Training Campus" reference...

2/17/2012 - JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas (AFNS) -- The first of the new Air Force Basic Military Training housing campus projects are scheduled to be completed this summer, said U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials.

Daniel Olivas, the resident engineer for the corps, which is the project administrator, said Airman Training Complex No. 1 and Dining-Classroom Facility No. 1 are about two-thirds complete.

"We've had some challenges," said Olivas about the $900 million project.

More at the link: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123290605
    Last edited by BOSS302; 06-09-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"Some challenges" over $900 million?" I be so lucky, must have 'TA' while they are at boot with tooter; LOL! and have a pizza hut on every floor! LOL!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The Golf course is due an upgrade by now I'm sure; 19th hole worn out!!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I'm sorry, the new Air Force BMT dorm. The Air Force Public Affairs is adamant about referring to these new facilities as "Basic Training Campuses" but no, that's not ever happening (at least for me). Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/5qhtb

What are your thoughts on this? My view is that it's a waste of money. EDIT: My friend, who recently graduated BMT but failed tech school and was discharged, informed me that hospital corners on the beds are no longer a requirement. Well, that just sucks. My first "networking" in the Air Force was with my bunk mate; I couldn't do a hospital corner at all and all his brown t-shirts looked like garbage when he tried to fold them. So we switched up and made it through.
    I would hate to be that ADPE (or whatever the new name is today) custodian...

---

Does anyone else find it interesting we replace buildings so fast but still fly planes built in the 1950's?

What a waste of money. I have been in the "old" dorms within the last few years and they were still in good condition. This is simply a waste of money.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Every building has a life span after which its cheaper to build new than renovate or repair. In this case I couldn't tell you either way if the old buildings met the criteria, but I do think if they incorporated modern energy savings technology the savings could be significant.

I get the heartburn with the word campus, but its commonly used to describe design situations where everything necessary is within walking distance. It doesn't matter if its a college, an AF traing site, or even a war zone, the principles of siting and design are the same.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Thread Information