Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes (Received)
    155
    Thanks (Received)
    23

    Default CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Each year we get storms with masses of rain flooding areas of the central plains, the east coast etc, but in the same time frames we are seeing forest fires in the same states (NM, AZ and CA, and occasionally TX).. so why can't they use those vaccuming trucks to suck up all the flood waters to ship out to the forest fires?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    We had to use the vaccuuming trucks because your mom was busy.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes (Received)
    155
    Thanks (Received)
    23

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Very constructive joe.. but coming from you i expect nothing less.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Very constructive joe.. but coming from you i expect nothing less.
    It was a joke. No offense intended.

    If TJMAC was here, this is when I would make a reference to homosexual sex.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Each year we get storms with masses of rain flooding areas of the central plains, the east coast etc, but in the same time frames we are seeing forest fires in the same states (NM, AZ and CA, and occasionally TX).. so why can't they use those vaccuming trucks to suck up all the flood waters to ship out to the forest fires?
    We could just build a pipeline then hook it up to the California Aqueduct for the region to have more water to use.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    It was a joke. No offense intended.

    If TJMAC was here, this is when I would make a reference to homosexual sex.
    Joe,

    Why do you have to use these images to go against Christians? I am asking that you take them down

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Joe,

    Why do you have to use these images to go against Christians? I am asking that you take them down
    The "burn" image is unrelated to religion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    The "burn" image is unrelated to religion.
    Roger solid copy.


    All joking a side. The fires have already claimed two of my Earthquake Seismic Sensor sites in Southern California. So I have to go and re-install them. Which is alot of time and effort. This is a picture of one of my sites from the huge fire in the Castaic area around LA.

    Name:  NP5481_ELTS_20130603_152524.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  16.0 KB
    Last edited by CYBERFX1024; 06-10-2013 at 05:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Roger solid copy.


    All joking a side. The fires have already claimed two of my Earthquake Seismic Sensor sites in Southern California. So I have to go and re-install them. Which is alot of time and effort. This is a picture of one of my sites from the huge fire in the Castaic area around LA.

    Name:  NP5481_ELTS_20130603_152524.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  16.0 KB
    That blows. I'm in the Cal Guard right now, so I'm wondering if they'll call us up this season. We did last year, but no word yet if we'll be pulling fire duty. If we do, I'm sure there'll be no warning and it'll be a total circle jerk like always.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    That blows. I'm in the Cal Guard right now, so I'm wondering if they'll call us up this season. We did last year, but no word yet if we'll be pulling fire duty. If we do, I'm sure there'll be no warning and it'll be a total circle jerk like always.
    Believe it or not they use some people that are in prison to fight the fires. I know this for a fact because we were going to use prisoners to help cut back on the labor costs when we are installing sites. One of the articles that we would have had to agree on was that IF there was a fire, they could be called up at no notice to go fight that fire.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •