Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lockport AFS, Sembach AB, Chanute AFB, Clark AB, Luke AFB, Cannon AFB, Shaw AFB, etc

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Cool Lockport AFS, Sembach AB, Chanute AFB, Clark AB, Luke AFB, Cannon AFB, Shaw AFB, etc

Anyone out there have memories or comments about their assignments to: (1) Lockport AFS, NY, (2) Sembach AB, GE, (3) Chanute AFB, IL, (4) Cannon AFB, NM, (5) Clark AB, PI, (6) Luke AFB, AZ, (7) Anderson AFB, Guam, (8) Shaw AFB, SC, (9) Pirinclik Installation, Turkey, (10) Hickam AFB, HI, (11) or Van Nuys ANGB, CA???

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Lockport AFS, Sembach AB, Chanute AFB, Clark AB, Luke AFB, Cannon AFB, Shaw AFB,

I'm at Shaw now. It's not the worst base I've ever been to but it's not the best either. As with most bases the ops tempo borders on insane. I spent 6 weeks at Cannon about 14 years ago. To sum that one up; from there, Hell is a local phone call.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Lockport AFS, Sembach AB, Chanute AFB, Clark AB, Luke AFB, Cannon AFB, Shaw AFB,

My tech school was at Chanute. Not many memories. I went to taco Bell once. Another time I went to a local club for teen night.

In the mid 90s when Ramstein's run way was closed for repairs/upgrades, we went to Sembach for about a month. Not much going on there, but the Irish House was a happening spot back then. It was on the way to Sembach.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I was at Clark from '86-'90...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Oldtimer View Post
    Anyone out there have memories or comments about their assignments to: (1) Lockport AFS, NY, (2) Sembach AB, GE, (3) Chanute AFB, IL, (4) Cannon AFB, NM, (5) Clark AB, PI, (6) Luke AFB, AZ, (7) Anderson AFB, Guam, (8) Shaw AFB, SC, (9) Pirinclik Installation, Turkey, (10) Hickam AFB, HI, (11) or Van Nuys ANGB, CA???
    I was stationed at Cannon from 1988 - 1991. Although it was fairly "isolated" it was actually a good assignment. Personnel on the base were closer than they are at most other bases and that made getting things done easier. Overall, of my 11 assignments, it was probably the best one and that includes places like Myrtle Beach AFB and assignments in England and Germany.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Oldtimer View Post
    grew up 10 miles from lockport NY. never heard of Lockport AFS. there is a niagara falls ARS that is near there. don't remember a station in lockport though... maybe i'm to young.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I was within three weeks of leaving for Clark when the volcano blew up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Have an AF friend spent many years in the pacific and was stationed at Clark when it was abandoned,15 years of oriental furniture,2 cars gone;spent 2+ years kinda replacing the items,next duty station was Homestead.....Filed his claims again (well trained in process by now) filed his retirement claims,retired to Western North Carolina where Volcano's,Typhoons,Hurricanes,Nor'easters couldn't find him!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I was at Chanute in 1982. It's a blur now. I remember getting drunk at the bowling alley while in civvies after getting out of school early and stumbling into the missile maintenance tech school flight when they were marching home from school late one Friday afternoon. I knocked over a few folks and people were tripping over each other. The whole flight was laughing and it turned into a monkey pile right there in the road.. The rope marching them was furious tried to get my name and I told him I was John Smith from the firefighting squadron. He knew better and asked for my ID. I said I lost it. He didn't know what to do and eventually they marched on. A few buddies of mine from basic were in that flight and said that rope looked for me...John Smith...for weeks.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

JD2780 Guest

Hickam was my first assignment. Got married on the beach, had my son, deployed and went TDY quite a bit. Almost killed myself on a crotch rocket while riding like an idiot.

Lots of nice scenery and quite a bit to do if you get off your butt and find it.

Thread Information