Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No More Base Stickers

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default No More Base Stickers

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...3/NAV13146.txt

RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN promulgates Navy policy eliminating the requirement for vehicle decals (DD
    FORM 2220) for base access, effective 1 July 2013.

2. Background: Refs A through D state access to property and installations shall be accomplished by
    vetting personal identity information to determine the eligibility of an individual requesting and
    requiring access to Department of Defense facilities, thereby eliminating the decal (DD FORM 2220)
    requirement for access. Ref A further states that vehicles on a Navy installation must continue to be
    licensed, registered, inspected, and insured in accordance with state and local laws. Rental vehicles are
    considered privately-owned vehicles for purposes of base entry and access control. The vehicle rental
    contract will suffice as proper licensing, registration, and proof of insurance for base access.

3. Implementation: CNIC will provide an implementation plan via a NAVSHORE message for decal
    elimination to include the following:
    A. Concept of Operations (CONOPS): Activity parking plans; motorcycle safety training (that is not
    dependant on display of the decal); barment control; enforcement of state licensing, registration,
    insurance, and safety requirements through random anti-terrorism measures; CLEOC registration
    process ensuring compliance with the Clean Air Act, etc.
    B. A standard communications package will includes FAQs, briefing cards, and other associated
    communication products for installations to provide information to tenant activities in preparation for
    decal elimination. CNIC PAO will coordinate with CHINFO AND Region PAOs to disseminate.
    C. A POA&M defining the phased implementation.
    - - - Updated - - -

I was hoping that the day would come, where we would return back to the gate guard waving you on base just by looking at you sticker, and not your ID card. Almost 12 years after 9/11, I was still waiting. Well, I guess I can stop waiting...
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: No More Base Stickers

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...3/NAV13146.txt

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping that the day would come, where we would return back to the gate guard waving you on base just by looking at you sticker, and not your ID card. Almost 12 years after 9/11, I was still waiting. Well, I guess I can stop waiting...
    But without the decals, how are officers' spouses supposed to get their salute?

*runs*

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank goodness....it is such a pain in the @$$ to go on some Naval installations without a sticker...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The Air Force did away with them 5 (?) years ago... unfortunately at Peterson, Ft Carson is part of the medical treatment system and the Army still REQUIRES them (and it is a pain in the ass to get on base without them, even for AD personnel), so folks are still stuck getting them.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As an AF guy with no sticker I remember that day I had to stand in line for 1.5 hours at the Norfolk Naval Station visitor center to get my pass. When I finally got to the gate the guard gave me crap because the date on the pass was written in the wrong color magic marker. I'm glad this wasteful, pointless practice of using stickers has come to an end!

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    The Air Force did away with them 5 (?) years ago... unfortunately at Peterson, Ft Carson is part of the medical treatment system and the Army still REQUIRES them (and it is a pain in the ass to get on base without them, even for AD personnel), so folks are still stuck getting them.
    We had the issue at McChord and Ft Lewis as well. I'm assuming there were issues at many places. Elmendorf/Richardson, Wainwright/Eilson. The guys that had to go from Hickam to Wheeler. It was a pain, but you just got a post decal and dealt with it. It wasnt a big. When you go on a different services post you tend to go by their entry rules.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank goodness....it is such a pain in the @$$ to go on some Naval installations without a sticker...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    The sticker is rather redundant in the era of 100% ID Card checks.
    But the Navy didn't see it that way....and they weren't even consistant...some would say "oh, you're AF, welcome aboard" and others said even if EVERYONE in the vehicle had a valid ID, you would still have to go to the visitor's center to get a pass to get on base...
    Last edited by Pullinteeth; 05-30-2013 at 10:52 AM.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    And the ability to run someone's plate vs their decal registration number.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thread Information