Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    795
    Likes (Received)
    514
    Thanks (Received)
    41

    Default Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Got an E-mail today stating that PHAs would no longer require a physical visit to the hospital; one simply does the web-based health assessment and that's it. I do not know if this is specific to Korea or if it is Air Force wide.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    540
    Likes (Received)
    437
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    I remember as an Airman getting an actual physical for my pha. Amazing how our bennies, medical care, etc are being whittled away, little by little. I wonder if Obama will keep reading from his TelePrompTer "we got your backs" if he ever succeeds at completely dismantling Tricare and retirement pay?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    89
    Likes (Received)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    I'm going through that here, but I thought it was because I am not stationed near my servicing MDG. When I completed my web health assessment, I got an email from a nurse saying that everything looked good and that as soon as they reviewed my medical record they would check me as complete on my PHA. She said that you only have to see a PCM every three years, but they will get you an appointment if there are any new medical concerns.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    335
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Say what you will about AF doctors, but a co-workers life was saved because a doc caught an abnormality while pressong on his abdomen during his annual flight phyiscal. Turned out to be cancer that he had no other symptoms of. He was treated and is good to go now.

    I had another co-worker whose prostrate cancer was caught during his annual. He's good to go also.

    This would not have been caught without face to face patient care. So, how many people are we going to lose to un diagnosed issues?

  5. #5
    JD2780 Guest

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Quote Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
    Say what you will about AF doctors, but a co-workers life was saved because a doc caught an abnormality while pressong on his abdomen during his annual flight phyiscal. Turned out to be cancer that he had no other symptoms of. He was treated and is good to go now.

    I had another co-worker whose prostrate cancer was caught during his annual. He's good to go also.

    This would not have been caught without face to face patient care. So, how many people are we going to lose to un diagnosed issues?
    I had a couple co-workers get booted from the AFSC without the docs even trying to treat their issues. I had the something, I had headaches, no diagnosis, no treatment plan just a half assed attempt at a waiver then shown the door. I've had a couple flight docs tell me that my last fight doc was a soup sandwich and I got screwed over by his inability to do his job.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,878
    Likes (Received)
    475
    Thanks (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Got an E-mail today stating that PHAs would no longer require a physical visit to the hospital; one simply does the web-based health assessment and that's it. I do not know if this is specific to Korea or if it is Air Force wide.
    I had a friend who got his ass reemed by the doctor at a PHA. He answered most of the questions on the survey with smartass answers. For example on the question about his method of birth control he chose "pull out". On the day of the actual appointment he drank two rockstar energy drinks like 5 minutes before he saw the doctor. His heart rate was sky high. I guess if they are going to make you go to the stupid appointment you might as well have some fun with it.

  7. #7
    JD2780 Guest

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I had a friend who got his ass reemed by the doctor at a PHA. He answered most of the questions on the survey with smartass answers. For example on the question about his method of birth control he chose "pull out". On the day of the actual appointment he drank two rockstar energy drinks like 5 minutes before he saw the doctor. His heart rate was sky high. I guess if they are going to make you go to the stupid appointment you might as well have some fun with it.
    Or be professional about it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Frunchard.
    Posts
    777
    Likes (Received)
    121
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    In 2007 at Osan, our "face-to-face" PHA was everyone from the MXG showing up at the clininc on a saturday and waiting in line all morning for a blood pressure check and asked if we feel ok. Fine health care there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Civilian World
    Posts
    1,344
    Likes (Received)
    215
    Thanks (Received)
    24

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Quote Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
    Say what you will about AF doctors, but a co-workers life was saved because a doc caught an abnormality while pressong on his abdomen during his annual flight phyiscal. Turned out to be cancer that he had no other symptoms of. He was treated and is good to go now.

    I had another co-worker whose prostrate cancer was caught during his annual. He's good to go also.

    This would not have been caught without face to face patient care. So, how many people are we going to lose to un diagnosed issues?
    You don't get palpated during PHA's much less an online assessment.

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Got an E-mail today stating that PHAs would no longer require a physical visit to the hospital; one simply does the web-based health assessment and that's it. I do not know if this is specific to Korea or if it is Air Force wide.
    Not specific to Korea. My base is doing this too. They will supposedly call if something requires attention. Funny, because I think I should have gotten a call the last 2 I filled out and nothing. I guess my concerns weren't an issue.
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 05-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,878
    Likes (Received)
    475
    Thanks (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Annual Health Assessment/No More Face to Face

    Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    You don't get palpated during PHA's much less an online assessment.



    Not specific to Korea. My base is doing this too. They will supposedly call if something requires attention. Funny, because I think I should have gotten a call the last 2 I filled out and nothing. I guess my concerns weren't an issue.
    They definitly pay attention if the alcohol questions might warrant an ADAPT referral. I had a friend who got a DUI and had already completed ADAPT. On the PHA it asked if he had driven a vehicle after drinking within the last year. He answered honestly because obviously he had driven drunk in order to get a DUI. At the appointment they wanted to refer him to ADAPT even though he explained he had already been referred to ADAPT when he got the DUI.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •