Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pet Peeve With Talking Heads This Memorial Day

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default A Pet Peeve With Talking Heads This Memorial Day

All weekend long I've been listening to "Talking heads" on TV "Thanking Veterans for protecting and dying for our "Freedoms!" Bull Shit!!

The only military service men who died for our freedoms were World War II military. Japan and Germany were direct threats to Americans everywhere in the world!

Korea? Our troops fought to a draw and died for South Koreans. Americans were not in danger from the North Koreans.

Vietnam? Our troops fought to a draw to die for the South Vietnamese who were not capable enough to stand for themselves. I was one Vietnam Vet who spent two tours there and when we cut and ran it left me scratching my head and wondering what the hell was it all for. For those who deny the US cut and ran, try Googling the picture of the helicopter on the roof of our embassy.

Iraq? Our troops fought to their death to protect and defend the Kuwaiti oil fields Nothing to do with the "Freedom" of Americans!

Iraq II? Never have figured out what Americans were in danger of losing their "Freedom" there that go around!

Afghanistan? Again, that was revenge for the Twin Towers. Americans had already died, so going into Afghanistan was more a case of revenge and to kill Osama bin Laden. No need to defend the "Freedom" of those killed in the Twin Towers. Their souls were freed by the attack!

I wish someone would educate the talking heads that the military is being used more politically by the party in power than to protect American's "Freedom!"

During my lifetime it seems when the Party in Power decided the war was over they simply pulled up their toys and playthings and called it quits. "The war is over folks, nothing more to watch."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: A Pet Peeve With Talking Heads This Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by Slyoldawg View Post
    All weekend long I've been listening to "Talking heads" on TV "Thanking Veterans for protecting and dying for our "Freedoms!" Bull Shit!!

The only military service men who died for our freedoms were World War II military. Japan and Germany were direct threats to Americans everywhere in the world!

Korea? Our troops fought to a draw and died for South Koreans. Americans were not in danger from the North Koreans.

Vietnam? Our troops fought to a draw to die for the South Vietnamese who were not capable enough to stand for themselves. I was one Vietnam Vet who spent two tours there and when we cut and ran it left me scratching my head and wondering what the hell was it all for. For those who deny the US cut and ran, try Googling the picture of the helicopter on the roof of our embassy.

Iraq? Our troops fought to their death to protect and defend the Kuwaiti oil fields Nothing to do with the "Freedom" of Americans!

Iraq II? Never have figured out what Americans were in danger of losing their "Freedom" there that go around!

Afghanistan? Again, that was revenge for the Twin Towers. Americans had already died, so going into Afghanistan was more a case of revenge and to kill Osama bin Laden. No need to defend the "Freedom" of those killed in the Twin Towers. Their souls were freed by the attack!

I wish someone would educate the talking heads that the military is being used more politically by the party in power than to protect American's "Freedom!"

During my lifetime it seems when the Party in Power decided the war was over they simply pulled up their toys and playthings and called it quits. "The war is over folks, nothing more to watch."
    They already know that. The media is being run by the big corporations which is why we are subjected to all their BS.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This is the best goddamn post I've ever read on MTF!
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Amen. I want to post something like this on facebook but I know family and friends that would be shocked and flip out.

Wars of recent decades only have to do with keeping the Military Industrial Complex going.

The general population is ignorant of this fact.

And I wonder if the media is ignorant or willful participants. After all, war does provide "news" to report.
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 05-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

'Nuff said!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Amen. I want to post something like this on facebook but I know family and friends that would be shocked and flip out.

Wars of recent decades only have to do with keeping the Military Industrial Complex going.

The general population is ignorant of this fact.

And I wonder if the media is ignorant or willful participants. After all, war does provide "news" to report."
    Post it there and blame it on me! Tell 'em, "Look what some old Vietnam vet went and wrote about us saving "Freedom" for Americans." Hell, I am old enough to take the fall for it."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Post it there and blame it on me! Tell 'em, "Look what some old Vietnam vet went and wrote about us saving "Freedom" for Americans." Hell, I am old enough to take the fall for it."
    lol...tempting.

But yeah, after all...these days it all worth it right? For the retirement...well, I won't get it cause I punching but for those that do play the game - I guess it was worth it to them.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This is brilliant. Thanks for posting this.

Just to add on to your statement...

"Support our troops" =/= "Support our foreign wars"

It's possible to support the troops, but think the wars are bullshit.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

no argument from me! Very wise words!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sly, I posted this to a couple of Veteran's sites on my FB page. I like the way you speak your mind. Some folks want like what you had to say, but the truth hurts. Good of ya.

Gratitude is the cornerstone of happiness. It's all about noticing what's RIGHT in our lives instead of what's wrong!" MJ Ryan.

Thread Information