Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worst training ever

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Worst training ever

Today I had to take Block I supply training. It was awful. I have been in 17 years and I have been doing this crap forever. The guy was monotone and read the slides word for word while staring at the slides with his back turned towards us.

So what are some of the bad training classes you have sat through?
    Insert clever quote here...

JD2780 Guest

Default Re: Worst training ever

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Today I had to take Block I supply training. It was awful. I have been in 17 years and I have been doing this crap forever. The guy was monotone and read the slides word for word while staring at the slides with his back turned towards us.

That on for equipment custodian.

Well either that or the countless times I had to qual with my rifle. Sitting down half tacps half cops and the cops are running their mouths like idiots then get pissed when they shoot like shit. Then we have to take our time because they need to reshoot 2-3 times.

Yea I don't know who they're protecting me from, but Ill do it myself thanks.
    Last edited by JD2780; 05-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    complaint number #1214
    Complaint #1215.... Someone stole my lifesavers.
    Complaint #1216....
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

EO 2000 in June of 1997. I think that is what it was called.

Unofficial name was "You are a man, therefore a pig....and you will pay"

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As an infantry OSUT drill sgt of 4 years had to go through infantry retrain conducted by officer instructors, most of whom were not infantry branch or branch qualified. Biggest bunch of dumbasses ever. The entire 2 weeks was wasted sitting on our ass listening to a bunch of goobers that could not even find their way back to the Company street. For instance, conducting night defensive tactics at 1000 hrs in 100 degree heat.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quality Air Force (QAF) training, Osan AB, ROK 1995.
    I specifically remember we had to identify our internal & external customers. Since our ultimate job was to inflict damage on North Korea, I listed them as my external customer. The instructor "Paul" (we were all in civilian clothes and used first names/no ranks) did not like my input. Flash forward 18 years and we are still trying to recover from, and pay the price of, the QAF experiment.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Records Management.

I been through it at least 3 times...I can maintain an existing records management plan, but still don't know how to create a new one or add files to an existing one....what with all the AFRIMS numbers and all that. Good thing for that "Miscellaneous Correspondence" file...everything goes in there.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sexual assault training.

If you are a man then you are a rapist.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As the Kennel Master I had to attend I only had to deal with six dogs and a dog trailer...wanted to poke my eyeballs out. Now I'm the Equipment Custodian for our entire unit seven accounts (new base) 200% worse!

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    That on for equipment custodian.

Well either that or the countless times I had to qual with my rifle. Sitting down half tacps half cops and the cops are running their mouths like idiots then get pissed when they shoot like shit. Then we have to take our time because they need to reshoot 2-3 times.

Yea I don't know who they're protecting me from, but Ill do it myself thanks.
    I hate firing with cops and I am a cop. So many people want to talk about how badass they are then they dork it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Records Management.

I been through it at least 3 times...I can maintain an existing records management plan, but still don't know how to create a new one or add files to an existing one....what with all the AFRIMS numbers and all that. Good thing for that "Miscellaneous Correspondence" file...everything goes in there.
    Been there done that too....sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by UH1FE View Post
    Sexual assault training.

If you are a man then you are a rapist.
    Oh god how could I forget, I am pretty sure the fembot teaching our class secretly registered all of us as sexual predators.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Rule 1: What's the best way to keep your audience's attention? Be interesting! Rule 2: Analyze your audience, USAF folks can read. Reading the slides violates rules 1 and 2. I want to throw things at people who do that. At different points in my Supply days (86-99) I taught Blocks I, IIA and III. I never read the slides and did my best to make a very dry subject interesting. This guy embarasses me. He should be stuck in the warehouse somewhere, maybe the cylinder yard in outside storage.

Yes, there's a story. 91-92 I taught Block I at Tyndall (I was the 325th Supply Sq Training Mgr). Had a question about reports of survey come up, one of the people in the class had just been involved with one. I "relayed" (that's the term for this) the question to that guy since I'd never done one as a young SSgt. I got a critique saying I wasn't very knowledgable. I knew enough to let the guy with recent experience answer the question, a$$hole!!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Thread Information