Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Assualts

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Sexual Assualts

Do you think sexual assaults are more prevalant now in the Air Force? or do you think it is just getting more media attention? I have to wonder how long this stuff has been going on in basic training and elsewhere. I know it isn't a new thing. I also wonder how long people just kept quiet about it because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Or maybe they weren't doing so well in basic and they might not have made it through had they not performed favors.
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sexual Assualts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Do you think sexual assaults are more prevalant now in the Air Force? or do you think it is just getting more media attention? I have to wonder how long this stuff has been going on in basic training and elsewhere. I know it isn't a new thing. I also wonder how long people just kept quiet about it because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Or maybe they weren't doing so well in basic and they might not have made it through had they not performed favors.
    I think it's just the amount of media coverage it gets. It's the same with anything. Gun violence, DUI, sexual assault, etc are happening now at a similar rate to which they always have (and less than before in some cases) but the topics are much better at grabbing headlines than they used to be so it seems like it's all we hear about.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I think they just get more media attention. Also if you look at the Lackland scandal not all of the charges were actually sexual assualts. Most of them were unprofessional relationships. I know for a fact that unprofessional relationships have always been going on. The problem is that the AF found one person who actually raped people and then used that case plus a bunch of unprofessional relationships to drum up attention against sexual assualts.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I think it's just the amount of media coverage it gets. It's the same with anything. Gun violence, DUI, sexual assault, etc are happening now at a similar rate to which they always have (and less than before in some cases) but the topics are much better at grabbing headlines than they used to be so it seems like it's all we hear about.
    I agree with the amount of coverage it gets. According to statistics, gun violence has steadily gone down, but if you only looked at the news you wouldn't think that is possible. With the amount of attention assaults get, I would have to guess that sexual assaults are also going down (just my assumption, nothing to back it up), but coverage is up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Rainmaker been assaulted more than a few times in his day. usually, whenever it happens though the Wimmins that take advantage is alot bigger and Rainmaker been drinkin too much. He figure if it's inevitable he might as well lay back and enjoy it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Rainmaker been assaulted more than a few times in his day. usually, whenever it happens though the Wimmins that take advantage is alot bigger and Rainmaker been drinkin too much. He figure if it's inevitable he might as well lay back and enjoy it.
    Is Dis a piq of Rainmaker? Nomsayin?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post

She is the size of your average GS-11 Civilian Airman.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I can say that I have never been sexually assulted. Nor do I know anyone else who has openly admited to it. I'm sure it happens but is not reported. Plus I know a few people who say they know someone who hung out with someone who cried wolf because they regreted hooking up at a party.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post

Can someone help a brotha delete his facebook page?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Can someone help a brotha delete his facebook page?
    Is this one of those Dependapotimus' letting loose at the Club while her husband is deployed?

Thread Information