Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manning

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Manning

I just got back to my real job (F-16 Crew Chief) in the Air Force after a successful 4 year tour at Lackland, and I have noticed over the past couple months our manning is awful. I'm expediting, and have usually 10 or 11 people on day shift for 12 jets on the schedule + 2 spares. Swing shift has usually 8 people, but a lot of the time, someone has an appointment or PT test the next day, so they end up with 6 crew chiefs covering 12 jets, plus anything that is broke. Is it this bad everywhere? Does anyone notice or care? I have noticed our leadership really doesn't bat an eye because we make miracles happen every day, and get the jets in the air. But, it's at the expense of training young airmen, and quality work.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Koa1121 View Post
    I just got back to my real job (F-16 Crew Chief) in the Air Force after a successful 4 year tour at Lackland, and I have noticed over the past couple months our manning is awful. I'm expediting, and have usually 10 or 11 people on day shift for 12 jets on the schedule + 2 spares. Swing shift has usually 8 people, but a lot of the time, someone has an appointment or PT test the next day, so they end up with 6 crew chiefs covering 12 jets, plus anything that is broke. Is it this bad everywhere? Does anyone notice or care? I have noticed our leadership really doesn't bat an eye because we make miracles happen every day, and get the jets in the air. But, it's at the expense of training young airmen, and quality work.
    Welcome to the USAF.

Actual work in the shop/office/flightline takes a backseat to everything else.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Welcome to the USAF.

Actual work in the shop/office/flightline takes a backseat to everything else.
    DAMN... You beat me to it!

-BB-
    Don't thank me... Thank my recruiter!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Keep doing less with less and wind up flying less!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Koa1121 View Post
    It's a damn shame that "successful" means leaving with stripes intact and no federal conviction.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Manning definately got to be in the conversation for best QB of this generation. Until, he win another ship though. Rainmaker put him at number 2 behind Brady.

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Manning definately got to be in the conversation for best QB of this generation. Until, he win another ship though. Rainmaker put him at number 2 behind Brady.
    Dang straight. GO PATS.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    It's a damn shame that "successful" means leaving with stripes intact and no federal conviction.
    Tell me about it...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It's been an issue for some for well over a decade, at the least.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

When I came in back in 2001 we had around 80 crew chiefs in the AMU. My current AMU has 38. We are flying the same amount of sorties annually.

Thread Information