Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you think CMSAF Cody will live up to his word?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Do you think CMSAF Cody will live up to his word?

Wish there had been a Chief like him when I was in! I love that he thinks people concentrating mainly on their jobs and family is more important than how much you volunteer or take classes. And the way MSgt promotions are becoming almost automatic now is ridiculous! You screw up? Get out! Get a DUI, get out! yes, I knew people that had DUI's and stellar careers the whole time they were in! They just couldn't drive on base for a year!

But still I'm skeptical. Few people make Chief without playing the system and politicking.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Do you think CMSAF Cody will live up to his word?

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Wish there had been a Chief like him when I was in! I love that he thinks people concentrating mainly on their jobs and family is more important than how much you volunteer or take classes. And the way MSgt promotions are becoming almost automatic now is ridiculous! You screw up? Get out! Get a DUI, get out! yes, I knew people that had DUI's and stellar careers the whole time they were in! They just couldn't drive on base for a year!

But still I'm skeptical. Few people make Chief without playing the system and politicking.
    Huh? So far, he's been nothing but all talk...and when he did talk, didn't say much. When he came out and lectured us on how TA coming back was basically a bad thing because how it would impact the mission, when you can literally say the same for 100 other things we are still spending money on (and should've been cut long before TA), he became just another Chief parroting the company line.

SUBJECT: 2013 (13E7) MSgt Promotion Statistics

1. The Air Force worldwide statistics for cycle 13E7:

Number Eligible: 20,528

Number Selected: 3,841

AF-Wide Selection Rate: 18.71%

2. The results will be released on 23 May 2013 at 1300 ZULU (0800 CDT).
    I'm not sure what part of these numbers constitutes "almost automatic".

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Way too early...I'm willing to give the Chief a chance. A lot of issues folks want fixed, and he won't be able to fix them all; they all run out of time. We'll see...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

So far both him and the new CSAF have been full of hot air. Honestly what I have seen is that Wing CCs and below are doing the exact opposite. CSAF and CMSAF are blustering about giving us our time back, work-life balance nonsense, and the jerks below them are piling it on more and more. So honestly, I don't have any faith in anyone in the AF anymore.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post

Not sure if you saw the rates for 13E7 before you posted but this rate is the lowest its been in over 36 years (possibly ever since WAPS went to once a year vs twice a year).

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Our leadership is going to have their hands full with buget issues for a long time and I don't think they will be able to make the changes they would like to because of that. Their immediate focus will be on Sexual Assault's since it's make national headlines but in the long run, they will be dealing more with cutbacks of Airmen and how to balance the budget.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I've met both CSAF and CMSAF, the issues they're tackling are long-standing ones. To fix them, or validate there is no other COA, it is going to take some time. Hell, I say let's sit tight and wait. After one year in the seats, I'm sure we will see some movement in the right direction. Both these fellas are sincere and I have no doubt we couldn't have better leaders in place. To ensure the changes they make are fair and consistent across: AFSCs, MAJCOMS, genders, Es/Os and across the Services (where applicable) does take some homework and I'm willing to wait. It's easy to sit back and be cynical, as we've been told many of the issues we bellyache about will be fixed/and never are, I'm confident these guys are getting after it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

CJ: Where did you find those historical MSgt rates? AFPC used to have that on their website--going back, like 30 years...since they redesigned their website, I can only find the last few years selection info...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Unfortunately the sexual assault fiasco, sequestration, budget fiasco, Afghan drawdown/recapitalization, manning cuts etc. will take priorities.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

JD2780 Guest

Not sure how 18% is almost automatic. Look at promotion to capt. Now that's almost automatic, or to SrA.

Thread Information