Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first duty station? And what do you remember most about it?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default What was your first duty station? And what do you remember most about it?

My first duty station was Eielson AFB, Alaska. I most remember my supervisor was a SSgt who was proud to have sewn on SSgt three times. Hmmm
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: What was your first duty station? And what do you remember most about it?

Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ. Snow-skiing in the morning, golf in the afternoon, BBQ at the pool for dinner and drinks.

Tak Guest

Default Re: What was your first duty station? And what do you remember most about it?

Holloman, sucked.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Luke and Hot as shit in the summer. I always wondered why when I was an A1C why we didn't wear DCU's in the desert stateside.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtS View Post
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Grand Forks...nice town, nice people...too friggin' cold to stay. Gone in a year, PCS to Clark AB.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Wright-Patterson. Everybody was impressed with themselves. Not quite as bad as the East or West Coast, but still everybody had high opinions of themselves.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." -- Peter Clemenza.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Moody AFB, Ga (86-89). We lived in Hahira (almost as big as it sounds) since rent was cheaper than Valdosta. HOT, 95 with 75% humidity May-September. Mobility exercises and chem gear in the heat out the ying-yang. Great folks to work with (definite work hard/play hard place). Way too much emphasis on making things pretty. Painting everything to make it look like it had fresh paint, mowing and weed-eating after the contractors went through since they didn't do it good enough seemed to be more important than the mission. F-4Es were loud and crashed a lot.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Shaw...lots of trailer fires.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Grand Forks...as I recall, it was a bit chilly.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

JD2780 Guest

Wheeler AAF. How close everybody was. The family atmosphere. Lots of air assaults into bellows training area, the field training was awesome. Lots of TDYs and deployment time. Of the 3 yrs there, I spent a today of a year and half on Oahu. Surfing, sky-diving and watching the sharks while we were under canopy!!

Thread Information