Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Fine Art of Suckng Up

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    2,994
    Likes (Received)
    294
    Thanks (Received)
    30

    Default Fine Art of Suckng Up

    How can you spot the @ss kissers in your unit? Ill start things off.

    First, an E7 or below who owns mess dress because they "need it". Now, there may be career field exceptions to this like enlisted aide. But if you're in a CE or MX unit - no, you don't need it. In 16 years I've worn semi formal twice. If you're attending events to be seen, you're a brown noser.

    Second, if you spend more time in leaderships office than your work center, you're either in a heap of trouble or you are an @ss kisser.

    Third, if you put others down to leadership in an attempt to make yourself look good you are not only an @ass kisser but an @ss hole.

    Fourth, if you spend more time out of the shop than in it on self improvement, education, or community service, you're a brown noser who needs to be reminded of service before self and your obligation to your coworkers who are picking up your selfish slack.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

  2. #2
    Tak Guest

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    I used to have a saying,
    loved in the office, hated in the field.

    Note, never had a mess dress, dispite CC pressure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,031
    Likes (Received)
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    How can you spot the @ss kissers in your unit? Ill start things off.

    First, an E7 or below who owns mess dress because they "need it". Now, there may be career field exceptions to this like enlisted aide. But if you're in a CE or MX unit - no, you don't need it. In 16 years I've worn semi formal twice. If you're attending events to be seen, you're a brown noser.

    Second, if you spend more time in leaderships office than your work center, you're either in a heap of trouble or you are an @ss kisser.

    Third, if you put others down to leadership in an attempt to make yourself look good you are not only an @ass kisser but an @ss hole.

    Fourth, if you spend more time out of the shop than in it on self improvement, education, or community service, you're a brown noser who needs to be reminded of service before self and your obligation to your coworkers who are picking up your selfish slack.
    2-4 absolutely reminds me of someone. Never saw anyone so loved by upper management and so despised by peers. To quote my boss at the time, "The only thing I hate more than an a$$ kissin b!tch is a stupid a$$ kissin b!tch."
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    2,994
    Likes (Received)
    294
    Thanks (Received)
    30

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    2-4 absolutely reminds me of someone. Never saw anyone so loved by upper management and so despised by peers. To quote my boss at the time, "The only thing I hate more than an a$$ kissin b!tch is a stupid a$$ kissin b!tch."
    Its always so transparently obvious too. I've wondered at how easily they're snookered by these phoney baloney jerks.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Debt Star
    Posts
    492
    Likes (Received)
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    They're pretty obvious to everyone. I think there are many in management positions that will deny that they enjoy having their rears sucked, but they absolutely love it. I learned when in a customer service position many years ago to apologize for everything under the sun, even if I did nothing wrong, to fake sympathy, and even attempt to flatter when an opportunity presented itself. People/suckers eat that sh*t up. Apparently, most of us love to have our egos stroked.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,919
    Likes (Received)
    648
    Thanks (Received)
    69

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    You guys are being close minded and are not thinking strategically.

    Now!

    Who wants to volunteer for this weekend’s carwash?

    Breakfast burrito sale on Monday! Who wants to bring in a hotplate?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere, Ca
    Posts
    1,161
    Likes (Received)
    174
    Thanks (Received)
    14

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    How can you spot the @ss kissers in your unit? Ill start things off.

    First, an E7 or below who owns mess dress because they "need it". Now, there may be career field exceptions to this like enlisted aide. But if you're in a CE or MX unit - no, you don't need it. In 16 years I've worn semi formal twice. If you're attending events to be seen, you're a brown noser.

    Second, if you spend more time in leaderships office than your work center, you're either in a heap of trouble or you are an @ss kisser.

    Third, if you put others down to leadership in an attempt to make yourself look good you are not only an @ass kisser but an @ss hole.

    Fourth, if you spend more time out of the shop than in it on self improvement, education, or community service, you're a brown noser who needs to be reminded of service before self and your obligation to your coworkers who are picking up your selfish slack.
    You've got some good points but I'd add they're the ones who in a meeting will sneakingly take a good comment someone else made and turn it into "their idea" when the commanders are present. They also recap what has just been said in order for the commander to know they're in the meeting contributing.

    The biggest @ss kissers I saw were from the Base Top 3 during special events. At one closure base, we had a final fundraising dinner at the NCO Club to help with going away plaques. The @ss kissers were the one who immediately volunteered to be waiters and servers so they could get face time with the Wing King. Some volunteered to grill steaks so they could drink beer while they worked. When the sign-up list came to me I convinced two other SNCOs to join me in washing dishes because, in my opinion, that's was the crucial point of the entire operation because we needed to keep recycling dirty dishes for clean dishes to ensure everyone was served as quickly as possible. Funny thing was the Wing King came to the back of the kitchen and spent about 10 minutes talking to us trying to figure out why we volunteered for the worst job. We didn't tell him we didn't want to be @ss kissers so we told him the truth; this is where the real work is. Months later, he remember who we were and what we did when he visited our squadron.

    As for a mess dress, yes, I owned one and wore it probably 20 times in 10 years. I was in Korea at the time and it was cheap to have a custom tailored mess dress made than buying one from Clothing Sales.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    797
    Likes (Received)
    516
    Thanks (Received)
    41

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog_guest View Post
    They also recap what has just been said in order for the commander to know they're in the meeting contributing.
    Yea sir, just to piggy-back off what he just said....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nunya Bizness
    Posts
    572
    Likes (Received)
    85
    Thanks (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Just had a douche repeat almost the exact thing I said and the response was "yeah, that's a great idea, good thinking blah blah blah" I just sat there dumbfounded. I wanted to just shout what the fuck retard? I guess it bithered me since I am always the first to give others credit where credit is due. I hate piggybackers, come up with your own idea asskissers.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    2,994
    Likes (Received)
    294
    Thanks (Received)
    30

    Default Re: Fine Art of Suckng Up

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Just had a douche repeat almost the exact thing I said and the response was "yeah, that's a great idea, good thinking blah blah blah" I just sat there dumbfounded. I wanted to just shout what the fuck retard? I guess it bithered me since I am always the first to give others credit where credit is due. I hate piggybackers, come up with your own idea asskissers.
    Yep. It's one thing to support another persons idea. "I agree with Sgt Smedley. We should...." But don't pretend you didn't hear it then present it as your own.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •