Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tax dollars used for taxi's for people to go to methadone clinics..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Tax dollars used for taxi's for people to go to methadone clinics..

Wow.. Watched a piece on CBS last night about millions of dollars of tax money going to pay for people (EACH DAY) to be driven by taxi's to methadone clinics to get their 'treatments' so they can try and get clean.
    One of the people they followed had a 98 dollar ONE WAY trip cost each day.

To me this is an abuse of funds. if they could afford to get adicted to the drugs in the first place, they can afford to pay for their own transportation.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/1...-clinic-rides/

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Tax dollars used for taxi's for people to go to methadone clinics..

Good find.

I love this. This is clearly pork barrel spending to benefit whoever got contracted to provide the drivers and vehicles. And who gets blamed? The recovering drug addicts who had absolutely no control on the decision.

Wow... just wow. A "Christian Nation" with obvious criminals operating in the open, and the weak and powerless getting blamed for it. Amazing.

JD2780 Guest

Go figure, the dems are running that state. I blame the addicts for their issues, and I blame mass for giving them a free ride to the clinic. Never saw it in Boston, but I did hear about it from other cities that sometimes churches would provide transportation from halfway houses to clinics.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Go figure, the dems are running that state. I blame the addicts for their issues, and I blame mass for giving them a free ride to the clinic. Never saw it in Boston, but I did hear about it from other cities that sometimes churches would provide transportation from halfway houses to clinics.
    Of course you do. That 's what I've come to expect from your kind.

And again - exactly my point. Clearly an old boy network hooking up their buddies. But of course they don't get blamed, the recovering addicts do.
    Last edited by Banned; 05-14-2013 at 03:02 PM.

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Of course you do. That 's what I've come to expect from your kind.

And again - exactly my point. Clearly an old boy network hooking up their buddies. But of course they don't get blamed, the recovering addicts do.
    Wo would you blame for them being addicted to meth? Society?

I also blamed mass for wasting the money.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Wow.. Watched a piece on CBS last night about millions of dollars of tax money going to pay for people (EACH DAY) to be driven by taxi's to methadone clinics to get their 'treatments' so they can try and get clean.
    One of the people they followed had a 98 dollar ONE WAY trip cost each day.

To me this is an abuse of funds. if they could afford to get adicted to the drugs in the first place, they can afford to pay for their own transportation.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/1...-clinic-rides/
    Drugs aren't that expensive. And often times, the addicts - especially female addicts, and some male addicts - give up "alternative" forms of payment. Even men who are otherwise heterosexual. My brother was a crack dealer, and male crackheads tried to offer to suck him off for crack all the time.

Go figure, the dems are running that state.
    And it's one of the best run states in the union. Face it, "blue states" have lower numbers of people on public assistance and better education than "red states" do.

I blame the addicts for their issues, and I blame mass for giving them a free ride to the clinic. Never saw it in Boston, but I did hear about it from other cities that sometimes churches would provide transportation from halfway houses to clinics.
    You know, it's funny how some of the members here at MTF get pissed off at us for pointing out how apathetic conservatives are; and then a conservative says something like this.

Often times, we fail to realize what led to the drug addiction in the first place - nor do we care. We don't look at the causes, or any of the "powers that be" that could be contributing factors.

No, conservatism is all about shitting on the powerless in society, while kissing the feet of the powerful.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Hells Yeah!!! Free cell phones, free taxi rides, free room and board!!! Where do I sign up?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Good find.
    Thanks. Surprised i heard only about it on one of the Columbus local networks.

I love this. This is clearly pork barrel spending to benefit whoever got contracted to provide the drivers and vehicles. And who gets blamed? The recovering drug addicts who had absolutely no control on the decision.
    When i listened to the piece that aired, it seemed that those on public assistance/medicaid get the rides, no matter how far out they are. BUT many of those areas have their own hospital in them, which could get a refit so they can offer them there, vice the costly trips (such as 2 who were tailed for a week, and one had a 98 buck ONE WAY trip). But the powers that be don't seem interested/
    Though as mentioned on another site i put this thread up, it does seem less costly doing things this way than just jailing them..

Drugs aren't that expensive. And often times, the addicts - especially female addicts, and some male addicts - give up "alternative" forms of payment. Even men who are otherwise heterosexual. My brother was a crack dealer, and male crackheads tried to offer to suck him off for crack all the time.
    Then why is the 'cure' to get them OFF it so costly? (bolded part).
    And if they can do 'alternate forms of payment' to get the drugs, why can't we have them perform community service as an alternate form to PAY to get their cure?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yup. Charity and caring for your fellow man is such a stupid idea. Who would ever come up with that?
    Yup, the more fucked up I get the more I deserve to be taken care of. That CAN'T turn out bad.

edit: And I know it's hard for you to understand but forced "charity" is not charity.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 05-14-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Wo would you blame for them being addicted to meth? Society?

I also blamed mass for wasting the money.
    We're not talking about meth. We're talking about transportation. Its not the patients' decision what transportation method is used.

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Hells Yeah!!! Free cell phones, free taxi rides, free room and board!!! Where do I sign up?
    Yup. Charity and caring for your fellow man is such a stupid idea. Who would ever come up with that?

Thread Information