Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radical Cleric to Curse US Navy SEAL Heroes at Funeral Services

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Radical Cleric to Curse US Navy SEAL Heroes at Funeral Services

I'm sure you guys currently serving have more info about this story. It saddened me greatly to read it. Is it true?

OUTRAGE! Obama Administration Allowed Radical Cleric to Curse US Navy SEAL Heroes at Funeral Services (Video & Transcript)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, May 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Zach

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Radical Cleric to Curse US Navy SEAL Heroes at Funeral Services

This was obviously written by some religious right wing nut job. And you are one for reposting it.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This story is gaining traction. Is it possible to discuss anything without name calling?
    Military Families Allege Muslim Cleric 'Damned' Dead Navy Seals at Ceremony *UPDATED*

...Family members of the fallen say certain members of Congress and the administration have either been unresponsive or restrictive about any information they have requested about the deaths of their sons.

Additionally, Billy and Karen Vaughn described to reporters how the military Rules of Engagement likely contributed to the death of their son and the rest of his team.
    A video of the ramp ceremony intended to honor the fallen American and Afghan servicemen shows an Imam praying over the caskets. According to the Vaughns, a certified translation of the Imam’s remarks revealed he “desecrated” and “damned” the bodies of the Americans in Arabic.
    Military brass prohibited “any mention of a Judeo-Christian God” at the ceremony the press statement says, but “invited a Muslim Cleric to the funeral for the fallen NAVY SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning as infidels to Allah.”...
    Zach

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Abrahamic faiths, who worship the same god. However, you have those extreme right wing evangelic types who accuse Muslims of worshipping a completely different "moon god." The fact that the author separates the "Judeo-Christian" god from the Islamic one is a big indicator of where his mind is at; and ultimately why the article is garbage.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"FreedomWatch president Larry Klayman, the attorney representing the families, claimed at the press conference, which Republican Rep. Michelle Bachmann of Minnesota and former Florida Republican Rep. Allen West also attended, that the U.S. military presented an anti-American speaker at the SEALs’ 2011 funeral."

Larry Klayman, Michelle Bachmann, and Allen West. No sensationalism involved what so ever. Nope, none at all.

JD2780 Guest

While I can understand folks being upset about a Muslim Cleric praying in arabic over the bodies of Americans when we have been fighting Muslim EXTREMISTS or 11 yrs now, if you read the prayer with an open mind and think about the prayers we say in christianity I dont see much of an issue.

If there was one Jewish member of the team and we had a Chaplin up there reading from the KJV or NIV would they be out raged? I dont know. I dont think so though.

I do think its more of the senior leaders trying to push an agenda, I dont see a huge deal with it. No where did he call the Americans the infidels, he did praise Allah for their deaths.

I still wonder why it was Muslim Cleric, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    While I can understand folks being upset about a Muslim Cleric praying in arabic over the bodies of Americans when we have been fighting Muslim EXTREMISTS or 11 yrs now, if you read the prayer with an open mind and think about the prayers we say in christianity I dont see much of an issue.

If there was one Jewish member of the team and we had a Chaplin up there reading from the KJV or NIV would they be out raged? I dont know. I dont think so though.

I do think its more of the senior leaders trying to push an agenda, I dont see a huge deal with it. No where did he call the Americans the infidels, he did praise Allah for their deaths.

I still wonder why it was Muslim Cleric, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Even more humorous was the obligatory dragging in of Obama's name in the title, and failure to connect him to the incident in the actual article.

~Paul Ryan

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Even more humorous was the obligatory dragging in of Obama's name in the title, and failure to connect him to the incident in the actual article.
    I do believe in Jesus Christ. I believe he has done some great work in my life. I have been taught through my religion to be tolerant of others.

Yes, I am a sinner and at every turn I try to change what I do to become a better person. In the end though, I will be a sinner which is what they elude to in reference of "Infidels" in the transcript. He wasnt wrong. The difference is that it appears that infidels arent allowed in Heaven, where as sinners. Its about what you believe when it comes to forgiveness and repenting. Not that folks here want to listen to that. Pressing on.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    "FreedomWatch president Larry Klayman, the attorney representing the families, claimed at the press conference, which Republican Rep. Michelle Bachmann of Minnesota and former Florida Republican Rep. Allen West also attended, that the U.S. military presented an anti-American speaker at the SEALs’ 2011 funeral."

Larry Klayman, Michelle Bachmann, and Allen West. No sensationalism involved what so ever. Nope, none at all.
    The question remains: Is it true?

I have no problem with people of faith (Christianity, Islam, or Judaism) or no faith. I am concerned that we refuse to name, discuss or criticize what we are fighting - radical Islam. If the allegations are true that a Muslim Cleric did curse Navy Seals at their funerals, I do have a problem with that. I have not seen this story reported on ABC, NBC, CNN etc. yet. If the story is a fictional account of the Cleric's statements at the funeral, I would expect the main stream media to not pass up a chance to attack Mr. Klayman, Representative Bachmann and Col. West.

Families blame gov't for helo crash
    Last edited by zachjonesishome; 05-10-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    Zach

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Here is the opinion of one who has "been there, done that." A retired US Navy SEAL E-7.

"by Brandon Webb · May 9, 2013

Many of our regular readers have asked us what we think about the recent news of some of the Extortion 17 families coming forward to discuss their concerns with the press.
    We have made an editorial decision to stay out of this. In fact, earlier this month I made the decision that SOFREP will focus more on the positive aspects of Special Operations and the community. We’ve been guilty in the past of participating in the drama, especially when it came to ST6, but that show is over. There is too much good stuff happening in Special Operations and the community at large. We will continue to publish hard, pipe-hitting commentary on foreign and domestic affairs that are in our lane, you can count on that.

Here are some things to think about with Extortion 17…

Extortion 17 killed all 38 people on board. 25 American special operations personnel, five United States Army National Guard and Army Reserve crewmen, seven Afghan commandos, and one Afghan interpreter—as well as a U.S. military working dog.

All aboard Extortion 17 are Heroes, period.
    -38 people lost their lives
    -30 American Warfighters and one Military Working Dog died doing something they loved, and they knew the risks. In hindsight, all would likely board that helo again.
    -8 Afghans
    -Military Air Assets are always scarce. Sometimes you have to go with what you have, and it’s usually the Mission Commander’s call.
    -AQ and the Taliban have become experts at downing military choppers with RPGs. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it happen.
    -This mission is no different than hundreds of other missions that went with the assets that were available, and a “just get it done” attitude.
    -The Chinook is commonly used platform, it’s twin rotors make it extremely nimble and it’s hold a large payload.
    -The U.S. Government is terrible at answering direct questions and supporting families after-the-fact. Hopefully, this will get better.
    -All were Heroes.

Nobody is perfect folks, especially the U.S. Military. Armchair-quarterbacking this operation will not bring any of these Heroes back, and most talking about it in the media have never left the comfort of the FOB.

I lost two friends on that flight, but I know they died doing what they loved, and that they “lived” life to the fullest, probably enough for two or three lives. My thoughts are with the grieving families. OHe and my foundation (RCF) have been working hard to carry on with the mission and support the families left behind.
    While it’s important for veterans to speak out on important issues that affect the country, I don’t think the U.S. Special Operations community wants its image or brand “jacked” and used to drive political agendas.
    I know that the Special Operations community has been grateful for the outpouring of support from the many Americans and readers here on SOFREP. The contributing editors and I appreciate your support."

Thread Information