Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    105
    Likes (Received)
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    A co-worker recently returned the SNCOA and was telling us about the "eye test" that is used at the academy for their awards program. They said that MFRs are given at the end of the course to those folks (20% of class) perceived as "not looking professional" in their uniforms. You can still receive an "excellent" on your PT test but if you don't pass this "eye test" you are removed from consideration from any awards.

    Has anyone recently attended the SNCOA or ever heard of this occurring at any other PME schools?

  2. #2
    Tak Guest

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Sncoa is for pussies.

    What happened to roys push for jpme...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    6,995
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Received)
    67

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Quote Originally Posted by loadsmith View Post
    A co-worker recently returned the SNCOA and was telling us about the "eye test" that is used at the academy for their awards program. They said that MFRs are given at the end of the course to those folks (20% of class) perceived as "not looking professional" in their uniforms. You can still receive an "excellent" on your PT test but if you don't pass this "eye test" you are removed from consideration from any awards.

    Has anyone recently attended the SNCOA or ever heard of this occurring at any other PME schools?
    ...and no nerds!

    Never saw an eye test. When I went to NCO leadership school years ago, the Chief made a big deal about how the awards "aint gonna go to no cerebrals just cuz they ace the tests"...but that they were gonna go to the dudes who shouted and screamed at volleyball and marching and made up study sheets to help everyone, etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,879
    Likes (Received)
    356
    Thanks (Received)
    218

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Contacts ok?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,031
    Likes (Received)
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Is the Commandant an anorexic?
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    51
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Heard of nothing like this at NCOA.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,031
    Likes (Received)
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    ...and no nerds!

    Never saw an eye test. When I went to NCO leadership school years ago, the Chief made a big deal about how the awards "aint gonna go to no cerebrals just cuz they ace the tests"...but that they were gonna go to the dudes who shouted and screamed at volleyball and marching and made up study sheets to help everyone, etc.
    That would explain how PT GOD has excelled in the AF.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,880
    Likes (Received)
    477
    Thanks (Received)
    32

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    ...and no nerds!

    Never saw an eye test. When I went to NCO leadership school years ago, the Chief made a big deal about how the awards "aint gonna go to no cerebrals just cuz they ace the tests"...but that they were gonna go to the dudes who shouted and screamed at volleyball and marching and made up study sheets to help everyone, etc.
    I heard about a guy a few years ago who got kicked out of NCOA for cheating. Everyday they would line up in formation and someone would randomly be picked to recite the Airman's creed. He taped a copy of the creed to the back of the person in front of him. He ended up getting caught and kicked out for being too lazy to memorize a stupid creed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    51
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I heard about a guy a few years ago who got kicked out of NCOA for cheating. Everyday they would line up in formation and someone would randomly be picked to recite the Airman's creed. He taped a copy of the creed to the back of the person in front of him. He ended up getting caught and kicked out for being too lazy to memorize a stupid creed.
    He is a genius
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

  10. #10
    Tak Guest

    Default Re: SNCO Academy (SNCOA) Awards Program and the "eye test"

    Quote Originally Posted by cope0181 View Post
    Heard of nothing like this at NCOA.
    Who asked about NCOA?!?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •