Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: F'N WOOK

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default F'N WOOK

    Ok. I had to comment on this when I saw it. But apparently the command in Marine Corps got butt hurt and pissed off at a site on FB called F'n WOOK. I admit I was a member of it when it was still on FB. It had alot of funny posts and yeah some were crossing the line.

    But to totally ban the site on FB and open a probe on it about it's members I think is a little too far in my book. It's all in good humor and yes there were female members of the site as well.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...y-women-after/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    119
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    More backlash you can thank the Air Force.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    I saw F'N WOOK - I agree some was a bit over the line, but also some funny stuff on it.

    A couple days later they posted a conspiracy theory of some sort (Can't remember exactly what it was). I posted a link to Fact check, showing it was a myth started on a chain email. Next day I logged on and found I was banned from the page.

    That's the thing about these ultra-Conservative Marine sites - I don't think they skylined themselves by being offensive - they skylined themselves by calling for armed revolution against the *Muslim Atheist Socialist in the white house*, and how great it would be to shoot cops.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I saw F'N WOOK - I agree some was a bit over the line, but also some funny stuff on it.

    A couple days later they posted a conspiracy theory of some sort (Can't remember exactly what it was). I posted a link to Fact check, showing it was a myth started on a chain email. Next day I logged on and found I was banned from the page.
    That's the thing about these ultra-Conservative Marine sites - I don't think they skylined themselves by being offensive - they skylined themselves by calling for armed revolution against the *Muslim Atheist Socialist in the white house*, and how great it would be to shoot cops.

    Yes, I admit some stuff was over the top offensive and out of line but funny as stated earlier. This is one of those times we are in agreement on some issues. I do think that most of the people who actually "commented" on that site and said over the top things are individuals who are reactionary by nature and have little education past High School and MOS school. I may be wrong but that is what it came across to me. I know me and you Joe have got in arguments on here. But you do have some education and try to be above some people on that regard. I respect your views, even though half the time I feel like you are the devils advocate just wanting to stir people up. Sometimes you do bring good points to a argument.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Yes, I admit some stuff was over the top offensive and out of line but funny as stated earlier. This is one of those times we are in agreement on some issues. I do think that most of the people who actually "commented" on that site and said over the top things are individuals who are reactionary by nature and have little education past High School and MOS school. I may be wrong but that is what it came across to me. I know me and you Joe have got in arguments on here. But you do have some education and try to be above some people on that regard. I respect your views, even though half the time I feel like you are the devils advocate just wanting to stir people up. Sometimes you do bring good points to a argument.
    I agree with what you say, and the way I see it - a lance corporal goes out in town and acts like an asshat, he could be disciplined for it. That's a fact that's always been accepted by pretty much everyone. By the same logic, if he goes and act like an asshat on Facebook, he could also be disciplined for it. Hence why when I used to post some fairly leftist stuff on FB, I didn't use my real name - and of course here on MTF I don't use my real name either. Now I do have my name on Facebook, and use it for networking in the military, so I generally refrain from posts about politics or religion.

    Let's say this wasn't the USMC. Let's say it was a company - like Wells Fargo. A group of employees start a FB page about how the CEO of Wells Fargo is a traitor against the corporation and America, and should be shot. Not only could they be fired, they could also possibly be prosecuted.

  6. #6
    JD2780 Guest

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I saw F'N WOOK - I agree some was a bit over the line, but also some funny stuff on it.

    A couple days later they posted a conspiracy theory of some sort (Can't remember exactly what it was). I posted a link to Fact check, showing it was a myth started on a chain email. Next day I logged on and found I was banned from the page.

    That's the thing about these ultra-Conservative Marine sites - I don't think they skylined themselves by being offensive - they skylined themselves by calling for armed revolution against the *Muslim Atheist Socialist in the white house*, and how great it would be to shoot cops.
    Ultra conservative? Why align them with conservatives. Even conservatives find this stuff wrong. Not everything you hate is conservative.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    735
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    11

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    That is one reason why I am glad I am out of the military. If a Officer or SNCO wanted to get you with something they can. The command will use some obscure article in the UCMJ such as the Art. 134 catch all to NJP you. Rarely if ever have I ever heard of someone requesting court martial when brought up on a NJP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    That is one reason why I am glad I am out of the military. If a Officer or SNCO wanted to get you with something they can. The command will use some obscure article in the UCMJ such as the Art. 134 catch all to NJP you. Rarely if ever have I ever heard of someone requesting court martial when brought up on a NJP.
    Yeah. 134 is definitely the "catch all" article. And I've noticed they like to throw that one in even when getting someone for another violation - I guess its part of the philosophy to throw as many charges as possible at someone with the hope that a few stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Ultra conservative? Why align them with conservatives. Even conservatives find this stuff wrong. Not everything you hate is conservative.
    The majority of Marines are generally conservative. Marines who get out tend to either stay extremely conservative, or get leftist, or far leftist. Not a whole lot in between, from what I've seen.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    6,995
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Received)
    67

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    Culture is hard to change...and I don't think you can do it without penetrating (no pun intended) the informal groups in the organization

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    6,995
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Thanks (Received)
    67

    Default Re: F'N WOOK

    What is a Wook, by the way?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •