Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to argue a pt score

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How to argue a pt score

Hey all just curious about something. One of my Airman hurt his knee, and had to do the walk test. Well he maxed everything but VO2. Now here is the thing about it. His VO2, when manually calculated, was 37.6432 so AFFMS is giving him a fail since the minmum VO2 is 38. He told me about this and I looked it up in the fitness AFI 2905 and it says VO2 max is rounded to the nearest whole number. So in my opinion and all of my leadership for that matter his VO2 shouldve been 38. the FAC here submitted a rebuttal to SVI for us, but im curious as to how long it will take to get an answer? has anyone ever heard of this before? I mean he is a fit dude, runs all the time, just had bad timing with his knee injury. I believe it was either faulty heart rate monitors, test anxiety or a combo of both. Either way in my opinion he passed. Again have you guys heard of this at all, this is my first. You think he should see what happens or go to ADC or something like that?

thanks in advance

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to argue a pt score

See what happens first. Give the system a reasonable amount of time to work.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah but what constitutes reasonable? i mean the airman has an EPR closing out in June, if not i would just wait it out. i just dont want to have to write a referal for something that isnt right.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kermit0069 View Post
    yeah but what constitutes reasonable? i mean the airman has an EPR closing out in June, if not i would just wait it out. i just dont want to have to write a referal for something that isnt right.
    Ah, now that's a different kettle of fish. Even so, there's only 1 block on the EPR that should be affected. Start on the EPR and fill in the rest. Then find out from the FAC how long appeals normally take. If it's over a few weeks, engage with the chain to push back the EPR.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Ah, now that's a different kettle of fish. Even so, there's only 1 block on the EPR that should be affected. Start on the EPR and fill in the rest. Then find out from the FAC how long appeals normally take. If it's over a few weeks, engage with the chain to push back the EPR.
    LOL...yeah...try 3...PT, leadership (though it's an amn so might get by) and standards. Should be one block. Have never seen it that way though.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    LOL...yeah...try 3...PT, leadership (though it's an amn so might get by) and standards. Should be one block. Have never seen it that way though.
    I see a markdown in pt and maybe standards and conduct but not leadership. that is one i will fight. He is not an Airman he is a TSgt i just say Airman. Also got an email today saying that SVI is still looking into the issue and does not have an answer yet. Me im trying to figure out what is taking so long. seems pretty cut and dry to me. he is due to make master this year and shitty timing and all, i dont want to lose a good one over bullshit. i mean maybe im nieve but i like to think that the Air Force has products in place for this. just doesnt make sense to me. this will seriously cause me to lose faith in the AF as well.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    it may be one block but a failed pt test is a referal EPR

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

AFPC/DPISM is reviewing the case to see what the issue may be. I don't have
    a resolution yet, as soon as i have something more for you i will let you
    know.

take care,

Installation Support
    This was the last email that was recieved. dont really understand what is taking so long for something that is so cut and dry here. Interesting Air Force we serve in to say the least

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Have him retake his test and do the run 42 DAYS.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kermit0069 View Post
    I see a markdown in pt and maybe standards and conduct but not leadership. that is one i will fight. He is not an Airman he is a TSgt i just say Airman. Also got an email today saying that SVI is still looking into the issue and does not have an answer yet. Me im trying to figure out what is taking so long. seems pretty cut and dry to me. he is due to make master this year and shitty timing and all, i dont want to lose a good one over bullshit. i mean maybe im nieve but i like to think that the Air Force has products in place for this. just doesnt make sense to me. this will seriously cause me to lose faith in the AF as well.
    I only say that because I was "marked down" in all 3 of those areas when I failed mine.

Thread Information