Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Ask Don't Tell is Coming Back

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Don't Ask Don't Tell is Coming Back

Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”.
    The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...hristian-Faith

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Don't Ask Don't Tell is Coming Back

This is very good news!

I can't say I've seen it recently... but when going through boot camp, Marine Combat Training, and even MOS school - I was amazed at how much Christian proselytization was permitted - to the point of absurd extremes... I remember this one staff sergeant in particular talking to my whole class about how its "god's will" for us to go to Iraq and "kill bad guys".

Yup. Jesus would be so proud of us I'm sure.

Here's an honest question for you Grim... military service - the act of killing other human beings - is so un-Christian, how does it even matter to you whether or not Christianity is allowed to thrive in the military? I would think that under Christian doctrine, we're all going to hell anyways.

I find it amusing that after so many years of Christians abusing people within the military ranks that they don't like... now they're getting paranoid about the same thing happening to them. The shoe is on the other foot now bitches!

Last edited by Banned; 05-01-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The military is based on the chain of command. The act of a senior service member proselityzing to his junior troops is in itself a violation of their rights. Now a voluntary religious service? That's one thing. But this is something else entirely.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

In response to the Pentagon’s plans, retired Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, who is now executive vice president of the Family Research Council (FRC), said on Fox & Friends Wednesday morning:

It’s a matter of what do they mean by "proselytizing." ...I think they’ve got their defintions a little confused. If you’re talking about coercion that’s one thing, but if you’re talking about the free exercise of our faith as individual soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines, especially for the chaplains, they I think the worst thing we can do is stop the ability for a soldier to be able to exercise his faith.”

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    This is very good news!

I can't say I've seen it recently... but when going through boot camp, Marine Combat Training, and even MOS school - I was amazed at how much Christian proselytization was permitted - to the point of absurd extremes... I remember this one staff sergeant in particular talking to my whole class about how its "god's will" for us to go to Iraq and "kill bad guys".

Yup. Jesus would be so proud of us I'm sure.

Here's an honest question for you Grim... military service - the act of killing other human beings - is so un-Christian, how does it even matter to you whether or not Christianity is allowed to thrive in the military? I would think that under Christian doctrine, we're all going to hell anyways.

I find it amusing that after so many years of Christians abusing people within the military ranks that they don't like... now they're getting paranoid about the same thing happening to them. The shoe is on the other foot now bitches!

Not sure how familiar you are with the Bible but in the Old Testament the Jews cintinually engaged in war with groups like the Phillistines. In fact some passages in the Bible mention that Moses and others were told by God to go to war. I do not think the Bible says anything negative about war. The stories I can think of are times when God did not want his peopel to go to war so he allowed them to be slaughtered.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    The military is based on the chain of command. The act of a senior service member proselityzing to his junior troops is in itself a violation of their rights. Now a voluntary religious service? That's one thing. But this is something else entirely.
    But that's not what the article says now, is it Joe....so basically, you're attempts at trying to make this all about a superior officer raping your poor little ear is nothing but more B.S.

This regulation would severely limit expressions of faith in the military, even on a one-to-one basis between close friends. It could also effectively abolish the position of chaplain in the military, as it would not allow chaplains (or any service members, for that matter), to say anything about their faith that others say led them to think they were being encouraged to make faith part of their life. It’s difficult to imagine how a member of the clergy could give spiritual counseling without saying anything that might be perceived in that fashion.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Not sure how familiar you are with the Bible but in the Old Testament the Jews cintinually engaged in war with groups like the Phillistines. In fact some passages in the Bible mention that Moses and others were told by God to go to war. I do not think the Bible says anything negative about war. The stories I can think of are times when God did not want his peopel to go to war so he allowed them to be slaughtered.
    Wow....so if God did exist, I'd say he's one twisted, evil fuck. Don't know why anyone would worship something like that. Glad I don't.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    Wow....so if God did exist, I'd say he's one twisted, evil fuck. Don't know why anyone would worship something like that. Glad I don't.
    And nobody in the military is forcing you to either, correct? But for some reason, they want to make a big deal about this.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    And nobody in the military is forcing you to either, correct? But for some reason, they want to make a big deal about this.
    I don't know....always a prayer during every military gathering thanking God and whatnot. Have even had prayers before/during Commander Calls. Didn't Bush say that God wanted us to invade Iraq and defeat evildoers or some shit too? Something like that....Anyways, military should be and was designed to be a completely sterile environment. No religion. Shouldn't even be talked about anywhere but in the home or at church.

Go and suggest an opening prayer to Allah at the next Squadron party and let me know what the Christians say then.

Tak Guest

For more than 220 years, religion and religious leaders have provided a source of strength and faith for a total of 55 million Americans who have served in the military forces of the United States. The rigorous demands of military duties—separation from friends and family, training in remote locations, battle, and the possibility of violent death—have mandated support for those who serve and who may potentially lay down their lives for their country.

The initial involvement of chaplains as voluntary, noncombatant religious leaders within the American military was an answer to the pressing needs of commanders and soldiers. Religion provided moral direction and spiritual assurance to those who bore the burden of the nation's wars. When George Washington assumed command of the Continental army on 2 July 1775, he found twenty‐three regiments of soldiers, with fifteen chaplains among them, posted around Boston. From the service of the 220 chaplains of the Revolutionary War to that of the 12,000 chaplains of World War II and the 5,000 U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force chaplains who today perform pluralistic ministries at U.S. bases in 65 countries around the world, religion has been a traditional support and a guaranteed right for American military personnel

Thread Information