Thread: hair clippers..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default hair clippers..

For those who own hair clippers, and do their own hair (or others at their place).. how often do you replace your clippers?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: hair clippers..

I don't very often... I know you can replace the blades, but I don't even do that. Usually use them until they don't work anymore.

Before I deployed I bought a new one, it is curved to contour to your head... not convinced they are any better than the "normal" ones.

When I got here and saw all the cool kids growing 'staches, knowing my cheesy child molester 'stach wouldn't be impressive enough, I opted for growing a combover! I've shaved my head for the last 18 years. 9.5 months later, I've got a pretty sweet combover. Not Donald Trump sweet, but close! Pretty awesome when it gets windy! Headed home on R&R today... told the wife I'd come home with it and shave it off the next day. So now I can check "comb over" off my bucket list and go back to low maintenance! lol
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I bought a hair trimming kit for around twenty-six bucks when I got out.
    I used the electric clippers to trim my beard.
    I kept the blades clean with a stiff bristle brush, and a little 3-in-1 lubricating oil.
    I gave them to a friend's wife because I was moving and only carrying essentials.
    As far as I know they're still working, and in great shape.

JD2780 Guest

I dont use the attachments, i brush out the blades and keep them oiled up. I use it every two weeks to shave my head and it works like a champ. Been using it for quite some time now.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I have had the same pair for 7yrs. Only brush them out and dab oil. Still good to go.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -General George S. Patton. Jr.

AF AFSC 9E000
    Tour of Duty 2011-2015

AF AFSC - 3P000
    Tour of Duty 1991-2011
    SEI - 329 - Phoenix Raven #597

Army MOS - 13B30J4
    Tour of Duty 1982-1991

Thread Information