Thread: Another Deadly Crash...MC-12

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Another Deadly Crash...MC-12

Well, it happened a couple days ago...4 Airmen killed in MC-12 crash in Afghanistan

The Department of Defense announced April 28 the deaths of four airmen who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

They died April 27, near Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, in the crash of an MC-12 aircraft. The cause of the crash is under investigation, however initial reporting indicates there was no enemy activity in the area at the time of the crash.
    http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123346281
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 04-29-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Another Deadly Crash...MC-12

A sad loss.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

And on April 29:

A National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter on behalf of US Mobility Command, registration N949CA performing cargo flight N8-102 from Bagram (Afghanistan) to Dubai Al Maktoum (United Arab Emirates) with 8 crew and cargo consisting of 5 military vehicles, has crashed shortly after takeoff from Bagram Air Base's runway 03 at 15:30L (11:00Z) and erupted into flames near the end of the runway within the perimeter of the Air Base. All 8 crew are reported perished in the crash.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    And on April 29:

A National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter on behalf of US Mobility Command, registration N949CA performing cargo flight N8-102 from Bagram (Afghanistan) to Dubai Al Maktoum (United Arab Emirates) with 8 crew and cargo consisting of 5 military vehicles, has crashed shortly after takeoff from Bagram Air Base's runway 03 at 15:30L (11:00Z) and erupted into flames near the end of the runway within the perimeter of the Air Base. All 8 crew are reported perished in the crash.
    The grapevine is saying it was over rotation on takeoff, went 85 nose up degrees on takeoff and stalled, speculation it was a load shift causing aft CG. NAC birds are loaded by TCN's at Bagram so their attention to adherence to the safety rules is not the best, just before I left the AOR they put a World Airways MD-11 on its ass due to the load crew not doing what the female loadmaster wanted or not listening to her because she was a female. If the contracts over there not state secret clearance and American national your going to have TCN's, us Americans cost too much.
    I'm not the regular Crew Chief.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The C-12 is a very safe aircraft. All of the services use them. The Army has been flying them since the 1970's. My second cousin Staff Sgt. Richard Dickson was aboard the MC-12 that crashed in Afghanistan. My family and I are mourning his loss.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    And on April 29:

The 747 has its own thread...

http://forums.militarytimes.com/show...5782-747-Crash

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse19 View Post
    The C-12 is a very safe aircraft. All of the services use them. The Army has been flying them since the 1970's. My second cousin Staff Sgt. Richard Dickson was aboard the MC-12 that crashed in Afghanistan. My family and I are mourning his loss.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. They were from our wing here; been a pretty tough month, with us losing the F-16 a few weeks back. Lots of folks thinking about you and the rest of their families.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse19 View Post
    Very sorry for your loss.

Thread Information