Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Thunderbird Website Launched

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Virtual Thunderbird Website Launched

AP – April 27, 2013

Dozens of air shows that draw tens of thousands of people and generate millions of dollars for local economies have been cancelled this year after the military grounded its jet and demonstration teams because of automatic federal budget cuts.

Maj. Darrick Lee, spokesman for the Thunderbirds, said a typical season averages about $9.75 million and the Air Force needs to focus its resources now on its mission in Afghanistan. "Would we prefer to be flying? Of course," he said. But, he added, "We encourage folks to try our virtual Thunderbird website. Air show attendees can use their smart phones to access video clips of our past performances and even take computer based training modules like real airmen.”

Computer based training or CBTs as they are called in the Air Force are a method of conducting recurring training at a low cost. CBT modules offered on the virtual Thunderbird site include, fire extinguisher training, sexual harassment prevention, and information security.

“We think the public will enjoy the CBTs as much as the videos of our past performances”, said Major Lee. “The CBTs really give the public a chance to experience what it is like to be an airman; my favorite is the fire extinguisher CBT.”
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 04-28-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Virtual Thunderbird Website Launched

and how much did putting together this website waste? do they think the public has never heard of youtube?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

These guys are bored.
    Now if I could fly the plane like a video game? That would be cool. Buzz the tower then crash it into a cornfield? Now that's fun!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    AP – April 27, 2013

Dozens of air shows that draw tens of thousands of people and generate millions of dollars for local economies have been cancelled this year after the military grounded its jet and demonstration teams because of automatic federal budget cuts.

Maj. Darrick Lee, spokesman for the Thunderbirds, said a typical season averages about $9.75 million and the Air Force needs to focus its resources now on its mission in Afghanistan. "Would we prefer to be flying? Of course," he said. But, he added, "We encourage folks to try our virtual Thunderbird website. Air show attendees can use their smart phones to access video clips of our past performances and even take computer based training modules like real airmen.”

Computer based training or CBTs as they are called in the Air Force are a method of conducting recurring training at a low cost. CBT modules offered on the virtual Thunderbird site include, fire extinguisher training, sexual harassment prevention, and information security.

“We think the public will enjoy the CBTs as much as the videos of our past performances”, said Major Lee. “The CBTs really give the public a chance to experience what it is like to be an airman; my favorite is the fire extinguisher CBT.”
    What fuctard came up with this idea? Take a CBT? I would rather nail my manhood to a wall than take another CBT.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

AP – April 27, 2013

Funny, I read the original story and saw not one word about CBTs or a virtual site...

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...-military-jets

Tak Guest

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

AP – April 27, 2013

Well - he does have a point. Taking CBT's really will give the public a chance to experience what it is like to be an airman...

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Is this serious?!

Wow.
    Of course a Major is serious, I mean come on, look at FLAPS.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Is this serious?!

Wow.

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Is this serious?!

Wow.
    Of course a Major is serious, I mean come on, look at FLAPS.

Thread Information