Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Enlisted military ranks 3 in “5 Worst Jobs in America”

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Exclamation Enlisted military ranks 3 in “5 Worst Jobs in America”

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...mentsBoxAnchor

Is this gloomy assessment accurate as net pay dwindles, entitlements depreciate, and compensatory benefits wane yet uncompromising duty expectations persist?

Tak Guest

Default Re: Enlisted military ranks 3 in “5 Worst Jobs in America”

Yes, they pay us shit for current responsibilities, many same jobs officers used to do.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Yes, they pay us shit for current responsibilities, many same jobs officers used to do.
    Who is this "us" you refer too? You are retired and now a civilian. Go hold up the line at the commissary or walk around the BX wearing a Desert Storm hat.

Also, to make up for the insult, here is a animated picture of Selma Hayek

ok two, i couldn't help myself

Last edited by Joker76; 04-28-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

That looks like an "after" and "before" ad for a good plastic surgeon. Not that I'm complaining.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'd agree that 1st term military enlisted is probably among the worst. At least based on the seeming criteria of the article (lots of physical work and risk, low pay, poor job future).

The top three are actuary, biomedical engineer, and software engineer. All of which require lots of brainpower, long long hours, and corporate politics. Hardly "easy". And the median pays are higher, but the pay ranges are much much wider. These days software engineer entry level is help-desk nerd for near min. wage and Bill Gates $90 billion a year kind brings up the average. If you smell what I'm cookin'.

Those dream jobs of good pay, low stress, and secure future? You got a better chance of winning the lottery.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    I'd agree that 1st term military enlisted is probably among the worst. At least based on the seeming criteria of the article (lots of physical work and risk, low pay, poor job future).

The top three are actuary, biomedical engineer, and software engineer. All of which require lots of brainpower, long long hours, and corporate politics. Hardly "easy". And the median pays are higher, but the pay ranges are much much wider. These days software engineer entry level is help-desk nerd for near min. wage and Bill Gates $90 billion a year kind brings up the average. If you smell what I'm cookin'.

Those dream jobs of good pay, low stress, and secure future? You got a better chance of winning the lottery.
    What other job right out of high school gives you a decent pay check, food, roof, clothes, full healthcare, education, 30 days of vacation per year, etc.? Military pays plenty...just like the government, the people spend too much (they take on a car payment, XBOX, latest smartphone, etc) and think they deserve 80 grand right of high school.

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    What other job right out of high school gives you a decent pay check, food, roof, clothes, full healthcare, education, 30 days of vacation per year, etc.? Military pays plenty...just like the government, the people spend too much (they take on a car payment, XBOX, latest smartphone, etc) and think they deserve 80 grand right of high school.
    Sellout...

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joker76 View Post
    Who is this "us" you refer too? You are retired and now a civilian. Go hold up the line at the commissary or walk around the BX wearing a Desert Storm hat.

Also, to make up for the insult, here is a animated picture of Selma Hayek

ok two, i couldn't help myself

Thanks. Nice photos. Yes, to quantify my statement, I was referring to last year,
    The af may have fixed manning and additional duties by now. No desert hat...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Sellout...
    How am I a sellout? Because I realize how good people do have it? And no amount of money will truly make a person happier?

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    That looks like an "after" and "before" ad for a good plastic surgeon. Not that I'm complaining.
    Bs, she has good genes, its incidental she's married to a billionaire.

Thread Information