Thread: Navy revamps anti-alcohol campaign

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Navy revamps anti-alcohol campaign

Navy revamps anti-alcohol campaign
    By Mark Faram
    Staff writer

With alcohol-related incidents on the decline but still a concern among Navy leaders, officials are replacing the 17-year-old “Right Spirit” education program with “Keep What You’ve Earned” — a campaign to remind junior sailors that one drunken episode could cost them their career.

Sailors E-4 or below are responsible for the bulk of the fleet’s alcohol-fueled mishaps, and that percentage hasn’t dropped even though the fleet’s overall incidents have fallen in recent years.

Read the full story here: http://www.navytimes.com/article/201...cohol-campaign

Is the new campaign sending the right message? What changes would you make?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Navy revamps anti-alcohol campaign

Well that is just insane....E-4s and below are responsible for most of the ARIs so they are targeting 17-24 year olds? They must not have asked the AF how to institute their program because the AF could have told them they need to have an eight hour class and make it mandatory for EVERYONE.....THAT is how you solve a problem (or just put out a policy letter via email)...

Seriously though, congratulations to the Navy for doing something that makes sense instead of overreacting...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Thread Information