Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MAJCOM Command Chief All Call

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MAJCOM Command Chief All Call

I recently attended the AFMC Command Chief's SNCO all call at Wright-Patt. I wanted to see if there were updates to our CMSAF's six-month look into EPRs and fitness. Well, this all call was primarily about sequestration. I don't know about other bases, but here at W-P, even without touching the furlough issue, there are impacts. We are closing one gym, and curtailing the hours at the other two. I know, I know, why do we have three gyms. Well, we have three geographically separated areas. The one they are closing is the one closest to the dorms. This gym was just renovated because we picked up a school house mission from Brooks City. Anyway, there are other areas that sequestration is affecting our base; what about yours?
    Here is a list of some other interesting things mentioned in this all-call:

1. The PDG is wrong. I think I remember reading somewhere that ACC was the largest MAJCOM in the Air Force. Not according to the Chief. AFMC, with (wait for it......) 60,000+ civilian airman, is the largest MAJCOM. Yes, this Chief is 100% all in for this term, civilian airmen.

2. He held our attention for about 5 minutes when talking about EPRs when he stated that yes, we are wasting too much time with bullet writing and white-space. However, when another Chief mentioned that it was the officers, as reviewers, that weren't getting that message, he mumbled a two sentence response and moved on.

3. No talk on fitness and no questions from the audience either. Maybe because it was close to 1715 (that's 5:15 for our civilian airmen) and we all wanted to either get back to work or go home. I did notice one thing; there were no civilians there; I guess the start-time of 1600 was too late in the day for them.

Have any of you had recent all-calls from your command chief?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MAJCOM Command Chief All Call

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjohn1118 View Post
    I recently attended the AFMC Command Chief's SNCO all call at Wright-Patt. I wanted to see if there were updates to our CMSAF's six-month look into EPRs and fitness. Well, this all call was primarily about sequestration. I don't know about other bases, but here at W-P, even without touching the furlough issue, there are impacts. We are closing one gym, and curtailing the hours at the other two. I know, I know, why do we have three gyms. Well, we have three geographically separated areas. The one they are closing is the one closest to the dorms. This gym was just renovated because we picked up a school house mission from Brooks City. Anyway, there are other areas that sequestration is affecting our base; what about yours?

1. The PDG is wrong. I think I remember reading somewhere that ACC was the largest MAJCOM in the Air Force. Not according to the Chief. AFMC, with (wait for it......) 60,000+ civilian airman, is the largest MAJCOM. Yes, this Chief is 100% all in for this term, civilian airmen.
    2. He held our attention for about 5 minutes when talking about EPRs when he stated that yes, we are wasting too much time with bullet writing and white-space. However, when another Chief mentioned that it was the officers, as reviewers, that weren't getting that message, he mumbled a two sentence response and moved on.

3. No talk on fitness and no questions from the audience either. Maybe because it was close to 1715 (that's 5:15 for our civilian airmen) and we all wanted to either get back to work or go home. I did notice one thing; there were no civilians there; I guess the start-time of 1600 was too late in the day for them.

I think I'm gonna hurl!!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I wasn't aware there were civilian SNCOs. Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." -- Peter Clemenza.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chipotleboy View Post
    Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.
    I'm not sure since it's way below my level. BTW...you can address me as "Civilian Airmen."
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    I'm not sure since it's way below my level. BTW...you can address me as "Civilian Airmen."
    Why, are you more than one person?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chipotleboy View Post
    I wasn't aware there were civilian SNCOs. Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.
    Exactly, there are no civilian SNCOs, however if the drinker's of the kool aid want to refer to civil service personnel as civilian airman, then these civilian airmen need to be required to show up at these all-calls as well.

FLAPS Guest

Exactly, there are no civilian SNCOs, however if the drinker's of the kool aid want to refer to civil service personnel as civilian airman, then these civilian airmen need to be required to show up at these all-calls as well.
    Civ Airmen was added to Air Force Doctrine Document 1-1 not too long ago. Unfortunately, that makes it official.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    I think I'm gonna hurl!!
    Our office refers to AFMC as "A F**king Million Civilians"
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The Command Chief is nowhere in the chain of command/line of supervision for civilians (maybe if he has one in his immediate office). I wouldn't waste my time attending one of these briefings even if it was during work hours.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Why, are you more than one person?
    He's a retired Chief and a GS-11 civilian; I am sure that his physical mass is equivalent to multiple people. Or one manatee.
    Last edited by BOSS302; 04-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Thread Information