Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Stupid?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How Stupid?

How stupid and wasteful does this story make the AF look? How the hell does a $348,00 30 ton tractor just get forgotten about?

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123345311

Tak Guest

Default Re: How Stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    How stupid and wasteful does this story make the AF look? How the hell does a $348,00 30 ton tractor just get forgotten about?

WTF: "Though Harrison will not receive a monetary award..."

JD2780 Guest

I wonder who the tool major was that said the Msgt was simply doing his job. No the MSgt went beyond. He could've just shrugged his shoulders and said it wasn't his problem.

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    I wonder who the tool major was that said the Msgt was simply doing his job. No the MSgt went beyond. He could've just shrugged his shoulders and said it wasn't his problem.
    Should the MSgt be praised or the guy he replaced busted

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Should the MSgt be praised or the guy he replaced busted
    Why can't both happen? The MSgt wasn't complacent and executed like a we all think SNCOs should but seldom do. Mean while the guy he replaced pulled the usual, I'm out sucka, don't worry about it. As a matter of fact it could've been a few replacements before it was noticed.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Why can't both happen? The MSgt wasn't complacent and executed like a we all think SNCOs should but seldom do. Mean while the guy he replaced pulled the usual, I'm out sucka, don't worry about it. As a matter of fact it could've been a few replacements before it was noticed.
    Exactly. I hope there is a "behind the scenes" focus on who the hell forgot about a 30-ton tractor that is worth over a quarter of a million dollars. The Air Force wants its people to take fiscal responsibility seriously; it needs to show it is serious by resolving this issue and properly punishing those who let this equipment fall through the cracks. Their incompetence almost led to a wasteful $350K purchase + a needless cargo mission that would have cost the taxpayer tens of thousands of dollars.

If people can lose stripes and careers because of their waist size or push-ups, then people can SHOULD lose stripes and careers over the neglectful tracking of Air Force materiel.
    Last edited by BOSS302; 04-22-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

to all those who want someone to be held responsible, have you forgotten that is was ultimately the commanders responsibility. that being said, nothing will happen.

JD2780 Guest

Exactly. I hope there is a "behind the scenes" focus on who the hell forgot about a 30-ton tractor that is worth over a quarter of a million dollars. The Air Force wants its people to take fiscal responsibility seriously; it needs to show it is serious by resolving this issue and properly punishing those who let this equipment fall through the cracks. Their incompetence almost led to a wasteful $350K purchase + a needless cargo mission that would have cost the taxpayer tens of thousands of dollars.

If people can lose stripes and careers because of their waist size or push-ups, then people can SHOULD lose stripes and careers over the neglectful tracking of Air Force materiel.
    As an A1C I had signed for over 1.2 million in equipment and it all had to be operationally ready all the time. If I lost I'm sure something would've happened to me.

JD2780 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joker76 View Post
    to all those who want someone to be held responsible, have you forgotten that is was ultimately the commanders responsibility. that being said, nothing will happen.
    Haven't forgotten, I remember having my CC sign my R14. However, the CC does delegate.

Tak Guest

Okay here's a quick story. We had a mx sq who had a horrible safety program.
    It was bad and commander wasn't concerned. Well when their subpar report was sent to wing Cc,
    It had a "push note" from grp cc. It talked about making improvements, but mostly
    Addressed a subpar nco who failed in his duty and was removed. I told my boss
    I was happy they fessed up, he said bullshit, its a commanders program and they
    Scapegoated an nco, who simply was appointed by cc to help his program, just a
    Unit safety poc. It opened my eyes to how quickly leaders throw off blame for commander
    Failed programs to enlisted.
    Last edited by Tak; 04-22-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information