Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The newest battlefield in the agenda of market logic

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default The newest battlefield in the agenda of market logic

While the UN and NGOs across the world struggle to bring free, clean water to populations living in poverty... the corporate sector has another idea... put a price tag on it.

Watch this video from the CEO of Nestle... it really sounds like something from some dystopian novel.

http://americanlivewire.com/nestle-c...a-human-right/

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: The newest battlefield in the agenda of market logic

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    While the UN and NGOs across the world struggle to bring free, clean water to populations living in poverty... the corporate sector has another idea... put a price tag on it.

Watch this video from the CEO of Nestle... it really sounds like something from some dystopian novel.

Always love it when you use your fancy words. You almost sound educated.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Always love it when you use your fancy words. You almost sound educated.
    What "fancy words" did I use that confused you? I actually don't see any fancy words in my post.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Because bureaucracy is so cheap and efficient to not put a price tag on it? Have you looked at your taxes lately (Obamacare)? While that video is weird to say the least your belief that reliance on a Nanny state is a better way is just as dystopian.
    Rear Admiral Yancy Graham: You watch yourself, Dodge. You are addressing a superior officer!
    Lt. Comd. Dodge: No, merely a higher ranking one.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, the CEO of Nestle carries much influence.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, the CEO of Nestle carries much influence.
    One of the largest corporations in the world. And if this CEO is thinking this, then odds are, his buddies he goes to cocktail parties with are also thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgrndr@ View Post
    Because bureaucracy is so cheap and efficient to not put a price tag on it? Have you looked at your taxes lately (Obamacare)? While that video is weird to say the least your belief that reliance on a Nanny state is a better way is just as dystopian.
    I'm not sure how this is even remotely related to what I said. We're talking about water distribution to poverty-stricken populations across the world. Try to focus.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

One of the largest corporations in the world. And if this CEO is thinking this, then odds are, his buddies he goes to cocktail parties with are also thinking it.
    Your odds are wrong. What makes one an effective CEO does not necessary translate to outside the boardroom world.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Your odds are wrong. What makes one an effective CEO does not necessary translate to outside the boardroom world.
    Well that's great that you declared me wrong. On what basis do you make that declaration? The world has been getting increasingly privatized over the last hundred years or so.

Water will probably only grow increasingly important over the next century (also dependent upon climate change) - the major corporations know this. This is another way to control people and wring more money out of them.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Well that's great that you declared me wrong. On what basis do you make that declaration? The world has been getting increasingly privatized over the last hundred years or so.

Water will probably only grow increasingly important over the next century (also dependent upon climate change) - the major corporations know this. This is another way to control people and wring more money out of them.
    I've posted my bona fides: Middle management in a Fortune 500 solid-waste hauling company, and family affiliation with the AFL-CIO. I have been privy to such "cocktail parties."

As far as the next century, I practice water conservation now.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Slightly misleading title here, a significantly more accurate term would be "corporate logic". You're welcome
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Thread Information