Thread: MEB

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MEB

I have been undergoing an MEB for about six months now. While reviewing records they noticed a lot of things that haven't been done to try and repair my issues. They put the MEB on hold so I could get the help I need. Since then I have been doing a bit better but am still in constant pain. I am not technally allowed to do ANY cardio or weight training according to my profile. Not even walk long distances such as a mall. However, in order to pass my PT test with waist only I have to do something because diet alone doesn't cut it. I don't fall under the criteria for not having to do the waist. But I am curious to see how this is all going to play out. I have to be re-evaluated soon. I am still in constant pain. I still have the same issues but find some relief with pain management and chiro. I am doing everything I can to lose some weight and get my waist down a little more. I eat a pretty healthy diet with Friday being a "cheat" day...meaning I eat beef that day. I am at the gym every single day doing either cardio or weights. I feel like in order to not fail my test I am being forced to injure myself further.

It seems to me that if you are under an MEB and can't do anything that maybe a PT test isn't really a great idea. On top of neck, back, and shoulder issues....I also have thyroid issues. My doc failed to realize many of my injuries during treatment and didn't give me some of the referrals I needed. I am glad the MEB did that. But it sucks that it got to that point. If this has been treated five years ago when the issues first started I would have been in a better place and possible never have needed an MEB.
    Insert clever quote here...

Tak Guest

Default Re: MEB

You need to have a friendly doc and keep them in your corner.

I had a coworker, they gave him double lors for 1st and 2nd failure,
    After previous cc did nothing to him. They finally sent him to have
    Form filled out saying he couldnt achieve pass. The cc called provider
    And they changed the form to say he could. Later when ccm called
    Me in office, the demote package only had the changed one. I promptly
    Provided the one before change. Note, know whose on your side, these
    Days and pt it is not your shirt and Cc, they are the enemy.
    Keep notes on everything and get second opinions even
    Downtown referral docs, they love to counter base drs.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MEB

The ADC is also not on your side. Don't trust them.
    I like to vector out my space voids to at least 5m.

Thread Information