Thread: Orders RIP while on leave.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Orders RIP while on leave.

I'm an instructor putting in a BOP to get the heck out of Redneck Vegas (Keesler) in July (Specifically the 8th). I'm going on leave for two weeks in the middle of July (13-27). I heard from people that AFPC could send me an assignment RIP as quickly as two days. If AFPC sends me a RIP at the beginning of my leave and I don't answer back for two weeks would they cancel my assignment for not submitting it to my CofC and MPF quick enough?

JD2780 Guest

Default Re: Orders RIP while on leave.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyfla View Post
    I'm an instructor putting in a BOP to get the heck out of Redneck Vegas (Keesler) in July (Specifically the 8th). I'm going on leave for two weeks in the middle of July (13-27). I heard from people that AFPC could send me an assignment RIP as quickly as two days. If AFPC sends me a RIP at the beginning of my leave and I don't answer back for two weeks would they cancel my assignment for not submitting it to my CofC and MPF quick enough?
    I got orders while on leave, and nothing bad happened. I wouldn't sweat it. Then again, I'm not you. Call AFPC and ask them.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Your duty status will reflect you are on leave, so there should be no expectation that you'd get the email and respond.

If you're really worried about it, you can always check your webmail or log on to the portal while on leave.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I wouldn't expect anything from AFPC within 2 days! My BOP application took 4-5 weeks all 3 times I submitted it, came back denied everytime.

Tak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    Your duty status will reflect you are on leave, so there should be no expectation that you'd get the email and respond.

If you're really worried about it, you can always check your webmail or log on to the portal while on leave.
    NO IDEA WHERE AF WOULD BE WITHOUT YOU.
    oh yeah, fine.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by im4floridagtrz View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything from AFPC within 2 days! My BOP application took 4-5 weeks all 3 times I submitted it, came back denied everytime.
    It usually takes AFPC longer to tell you no than it does to tell you yes. They like to make it look like they're considering your request.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    It usually takes AFPC longer to tell you no than it does to tell you yes. They like to make it look like they're considering your request.
    Yeah, I had a couple of instructor friends in other career fields here tell me how it only took them 2 days to find out yes or no, which I found odd but I guess it's because it's all electronic now. The last time I did a BOP was 2003 on paper to go from McGuire to Patrick.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah, I had a couple of instructor friends in other career fields here tell me how it only took them 2 days to find out yes or no, which I found odd but I guess it's because it's all electronic now. The last time I did a BOP was 2003 on paper to go from McGuire to Patrick.
    Well best of luck to you! I didn't have any luck with the BOP program.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry for your loss.

Thread Information