Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So you remember that demotion I got a while back

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default So you remember that demotion I got a while back

Yeah, I'm being put before an MEB for my ankles. The same ones that apparently there was nothing wrong with and no reason to stop the demotion for. I am really hoping my AFBRC request comes back invalidating that fail and reversing my demotion. It's even more frustrating that I get to another base and it isn't 3 fails they demote you on, it's 4 fails, so if I had been here I wouldn't have had to go through all this crap.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: So you remember that demotion I got a while back

Quote Originally Posted by omertalifestyle View Post
    Yeah, I'm being put before an MEB for my ankles. The same ones that apparently there was nothing wrong with and no reason to stop the demotion for. I am really hoping my AFBRC request comes back invalidating that fail and reversing my demotion. It's even more frustrating that I get to another base and it isn't 3 fails they demote you on, it's 4 fails, so if I had been here I wouldn't have had to go through all this crap.
    Well, it's been a year since your demotion so apparently you were able to pass your next test. Did you do anything special to improve your run time? Did you take my advice on running?

I hate to say it, but from my experience it would seem the base you are currently at is the exception. The AFI suggests demotion at 3 fails and automatic MEB review/administrative discharge after 4. Even if they don't give you your stripe back, you should be testing in a few months and I would think you should have no problem getting a new line number.
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I've done nothing but waist, push-ups, sit-ups for the last year. Wanted to be fixed so I could eventually run again, but all I got was the line of there is really nothing more we can do and pain management is all we can do for you. I also don't really feel that I would be able to get my stripe back from testing, I was already sitting on 5,3,5,3 for my EPRs and then I was given a 4 since my UIF that was still effective, yet nothing was added to it during the reporting period and I have no control over when it ends (it ended 3 months after my EPR closeout) so, yes I should be able to test, and I will try, but I'm not going to get all pissed off if I don't make it, even if I don't get my stripe back the other way I'll be out and get the severance package and move on with my life.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by omertalifestyle View Post
    I will try, but I'm not going to get all pissed off if I don't make it, even if I don't get my stripe back the other way I'll be out and get the severance package and move on with my life.
    This is the best attitude you can have. That severance package is not a bad deal. It should be plenty to allow you time to find employment and get settled down. Also remember that if you want you can file a travel voucher to your home of record and also a DITY move. Between those two items and your severance package you could walk away with over $20,000. On top of that you can begin using your GI Bill and file for VA disability. If you find even a half decent job you will actually be making more money than you are now. Plus your new employer will not think less of you as a person because you cannot run a fast mile and a half and they most likely will not want to measure your waist.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

He might have a hard time getting his rank back by WAPS testing for it, if they hit him with a lower EPR. Believe me, I know.

Unless I've missed something, severance pay is no longer available for those who are discharged for fitness failures.
    I like to vector out my space voids to at least 5m.

Tak Guest

Maybe the board will recommend
    Manning up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJack View Post
    He might have a hard time getting his rank back by WAPS testing for it, if they hit him with a lower EPR. Believe me, I know.

Unless I've missed something, severance pay is no longer available for those who are discharged for fitness failures.
    I wouldn't be separated for the fitness failures. I would be separated under HYT. I am down to 1 fail in a 24 month period (the one that got me demoted over a year ago). I haven't failed any of my PT test since then.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Well, it's been a year since your demotion so apparently you were able to pass your next test. Did you do anything special to improve your run time? Did you take my advice on running?

I hate to say it, but from my experience it would seem the base you are currently at is the exception. The AFI suggests demotion at 3 fails and automatic MEB review/administrative discharge after 4. Even if they don't give you your stripe back, you should be testing in a few months and I would think you should have no problem getting a new line number.
    You seem dismissive to people's real medical issues. I despise people with your attitude. No, it's not isolated.

My last base, it took over 2 years to find the problem with my hip joint...eventually had surgery to correct cartilage tear (injury related). If I listened to the PCM's and Physical Therapist I would still be in pain today and probably out via MEB. I had to fight the medical system to get proper care.

I also have a bad knee. I went several years ago about it and was told I had a weak knee. Spent many years in pain off and on. It finally got worst, so I went back pushing hard. It's been over a year since I initially went in this time. Military orthopedic doctor couldn't figure it out. Fought to get an off base referral and the off base ortho found the problem in 10 minutes on Xray. Cartilage damage, cause unknown. Surgery.

The military medical system is the best thing since sliced bread...until you have a real problem.

Both times, military doctors, supervisors, peers, and commanders treated me like a malinger.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    You seem dismissive to people's real medical issues. I despise people with your attitude. No, it's not isolated.
    I despise people who fly the American flag upside down as a cheap and cowardly play on people's emotions, no, it's not isolated.
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post

My last base, it took over 2 years to find the problem with my hip joint...eventually had surgery to correct cartilage tear (injury related). If I listened to the PCM's and Physical Therapist I would still be in pain today and probably out via MEB. I had to fight the medical system to get proper care.

I also have a bad knee. I went several years ago about it and was told I had a weak knee. Spent many years in pain off and on. It finally got worst, so I went back pushing hard. It's been over a year since I initially went in this time. Military orthopedic doctor couldn't figure it out. Fought to get an off base referral and the off base ortho found the problem in 10 minutes on Xray. Cartilage damage, cause unknown. Surgery.

The military medical system is the best thing since sliced bread...until you have a real problem.

Both times, military doctors, supervisors, peers, and commanders treated me like a malinger.
    How did you get that from my post? I have plenty of sympathy for people's medical issues. Shit, I'm a PT hater like everyone else.

A year ago when Omertalifestyle started the discussion, a question was posed on how to improve the run time. I gave some advice. I was just asking how he overcame his situation. Then I pointed out that his last base wasn't any more evil than most with their actions.

Just because you are a victim of this garbage doesn't mean that you have to suspect everybody else of being one of your oppressors.
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information