Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Every Dollar Counts Initiative...another program

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Exclamation Every Dollar Counts Initiative...another program

So, we are spending money to save money.

We already have the IDEA program and had the AFSO 21 and I believe a couple others.

But, we are making another...

In the wake of sequestration, the initiative marks a cultural shift that empowers Airmen to find and recommend areas for savings that may be used to support readiness needs, said Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Larry Spencer.
    NEWS FLASH: We have been screaming for years on wasteful spending...

Beginning May 1, Airmen can submit their cost-reducing ideas via the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites while at home, the office or on their smartphone. Links to those sites will be released soon.
    Why not just use social media? This forum is full of cost cutting ideas. Why do we need to create another program that cost money itself?

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123344097

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Every Dollar Counts Initiative...another program

We could start by getting rid of the entitled, negative folks that whine on MTF all day at work.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Glad we have a Finance guy as VCSAF, we would never have known that every dollar counts otherwise. I am curious: which dollars counted before?
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post

We already have the IDEA program and had the AFSO 21 and I believe a couple others.

But, we are making another...
    In the wake of sequestration, the initiative marks a cultural shift that empowers Airmen to find and recommend areas for savings that may be used to support readiness needs, said Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Larry Spencer.
    NEWS FLASH: We have been screaming for years on wasteful spending...
    Beginning May 1, Airmen can submit their cost-reducing ideas via the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites while at home, the office or on their smartphone. Links to those sites will be released soon.
    Why not just use social media? This forum is full of cost cutting ideas. Why do we need to create another program that cost money itself?

Why are you criticizing the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites?

You are just trash talking about something you know very little about!

The Airmen Powered by Innovation websites are a marketplace of great ideas that offer a very effective “reach back” capability for Airmen all over the globe.

For example, my unit in Southern Europe was getting ready to deploy to Southwest Asia and was trying to figure out a cost effective way to palletize some very sophisticated electronics.

Well, I didn’t know anything about that but I did know the Top 3 was going to have a hard time raising enough money to buy plaques and morale coins for the next six months.

What did I do?

I went to the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites and downloaded these killer cupcake designs.

I brought a batch of them over to the aircraft hangar where they were trying to palletize our gear and I made sure the Chief and the CC saw me directing a couple of Airmen to set them up on a table. I even went the extra mile and had one of my SSgts borrow a big coffee urn from the Services Squadron.

Do you know what happened the next time my EPR came due?

Senior Rater Endorsement!

Plus, I even had a bullet in there about how I supported an innovative new method for palletizing sensitive multi-million electronics.

So stop the trash talking and go do something for your unit.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Why are you criticizing the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites?

You are just trash talking about something you know very little about!

The Airmen Powered by Innovation websites are a marketplace of great ideas that offer a very effective “reach back” capability for Airmen all over the globe.

For example, my unit in Southern Europe was getting ready to deploy to Southwest Asia and was trying to figure out a cost effective way to palletize some very sophisticated electronics.

Well, I didn’t know anything about that but I did know the Top 3 was going to have a hard time raising enough money to buy plaques and morale coins for the next six months.

What did I do?

I went to the Airmen Powered by Innovation websites and downloaded these killer cupcake designs.

I brought a batch of them over to the aircraft hangar where they were trying to palletize our gear and I made sure the Chief and the CC saw me directing a couple of Airmen to set them up on a table. I even went the extra mile and had one of my SSgts borrow a big coffee urn from the Services Squadron.

Do you know what happened the next time my EPR came due?

Senior Rater Endorsement!

Plus, I even had a bullet in there about how I supported an innovative new method for palletizing sensitive multi-million electronics.

So stop the trash talking and go do something for your unit.

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little! Yeah, unfortunately you are dead on about folks like this.

VFFTSGT is right though. Every few years a new initiative to layer on top of the many other initiatives we have already been made to comply with. AFSO 21 and the IDEA program are already in place and I am wondering why the hell we arn't using them much more. Hell AFSO 21 is just Big Blue for 6 Sigma with blue cool aid added. But the programs are sound. I realy wish we as a whole would just effing stop inventing shit just to do it.
    Cheers!

Dickie

----------------------------------------------------
    3S373 AF Manpower Requirements Analyst
    1P071 Aircrew Flight Equipment
    1T171 Aircrew Life Support

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

How are Generals supposed to substaniate their existance and get OPR bullets if they do not make new programs? It is like Hollywood, you don't expect them to come up with new ideas, they just rehash the work of those that have come before them and put a new name on it. Imagine if we paid generals to come up with ideas on their own, we would need to increase their staff size.
    Five Meters of Voided Space.

Tak Guest

Generals have shitters in their offices,
    They earned the right to not have to
    Walk full of shit to a hallway bathroom
    Only to find the shitter stalls full of
    Enlisted pukes dropping dirty bombs.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't wait 'til the first two week seminar with 100 people involved going over suggestions from the site. It'll be awesome. Then, a panel will be convened to apply AFSO 21 to the ideas listed to see how to best utilize them. It's gonna be awesome.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    We could start by getting rid of the entitled, negative folks that whine on MTF all day at work.
    Who are you talking about?

I am not entitled nor am I at work. Negative? I guess that's perception; I am just pointing out what I see as more wasted money.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    This coming from a guy who's sceen name would imply his job is nothing more than the guy working behind the counter at a rental agency.

Thread Information