Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Tak Guest

Default Re: Is it just me...

yes it is...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Is it just me...

...or does the fact that N. Korea has to physically move equipment to the East Coast of the country in order to fire actually comical? It just seems silly that, other than sending a million people south, we actually look at them as any kind of military threat.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    yes it is...
    Thank you...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    ...or does the fact that N. Korea has to physically move equipment to the East Coast of the country in order to fire actually comical? It just seems silly that, other than sending a million people south, we actually look at them as any kind of military threat.
    That is funny. Esp. since they claim to have missiles that could hit the CONUS but apparently can't make it those extra couple hundred miles...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    That is funny. Esp. since they claim to have missiles that could hit the CONUS but apparently can't make it those extra couple hundred miles...
    They position missiles on the east coast due to the earth's magnetic variation in parts of North Korea that could mess up their missile guidance systems. Also...just because the missiles are lowered doesn't mean they aren't in a firing position. They can launch them from the stowed position and the missile can fly a lower trajectory across the ocean. However, they don't like to do that because the missile will tear off the mobile missile launcher driver's rear view mirror making it difficult to negotiate Pyongyang's rush hour traffic.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The film clips of them marching looks like a bunch of "Bobble Heads" bouncing down the street. That's gotta be hard on the knees and neck marching like that

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    They position missiles on the east coast due to the earth's magnetic variation in parts of North Korea that could mess up their missile guidance systems. Also...just because the missiles are lowered doesn't mean they aren't in a firing position. They can launch them from the stowed position and the missile can fly a lower trajectory across the ocean. However, they don't like to do that because the missile will tear off the mobile missile launcher driver's rear view mirror making it difficult to negotiate Pyongyang's rush hour traffic.
    There is no Pyongyang rush hour traffic.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It's hard to rattle your saber when it's still in it's scabbard. All part of the show.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    There is no Pyongyang rush hour traffic.
    There will be when it's raining GBU's on their asses. And that's another thing, Pyongyang is a city that is full of people who support that regime. In fact...you need special government permission to live there and you can only get that by being a full up card carrying party member. You turn just Pyongyang to dust and you've taken out the entire government and it's supporters. You can launch Hostess Twinkies at the rest of the population and you've just reunited the South with the rest of a grateful NK population.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Don't sell the NK's short and think for a minute that those missiles on the east coast in full view of the US are the real deal. The real deal is somewhere else sitting silently as the NK decision makers wait for us to strike the missiles that are basically decoys. All they need is an excuse. Basically...we have to wait until they kill hundreds of thousands before we can do anything. Those are the cards Bill Clinton dealt us.
    Last edited by BRUWIN; 04-11-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Information