Thread: F-15E Strike Eagle Turns 25

JD2780 Guest

Default Re: F-15E Strike Eagle Turns 25

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Happy Birthday to the Strike Eagle, one of the greatest aircraft models to ever serve in the U.S. Air Force. Twenty five years later and she still is a fine machine.

And to reward the F-15E community we will ground the 391st!!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default F-15E Strike Eagle Turns 25

Happy Birthday to the Strike Eagle, one of the greatest aircraft models to ever serve in the U.S. Air Force. Twenty five years later and she still is a fine machine.

JD2780 Guest

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I got to see one of the very first F-15's when I was growing up. We lived close to the MD plant in STL. They had a test pad on one end of the plant where they had one chained down and running engines. I had seen hundreds of Phamtoms taking off but that brand new Eagle was a F-ing beast.

Most of the people that lived in my neighborhood worked for McDonnell Douglas or one of the hundreds of perpheral business's that served that industry. My father worked on the F-4 line. My high school buddies worked on the F-18 line. The Eagle was one of the things that drew me into joining up when I graduated. And like a true teenage jack-ass, I didn't listen to my recruiter and joined up to be a SP. Thank god you get do overs(retrain). I finished my career as a flight engineer on a M-D KC-10. The sweetest ride in the AF as far as I'm concerned.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    How dare you quote me and then put your quote above my original post. You are gross.

JD2780 Guest

How dare you quote me and then put your quote above my original post. You are gross.
    You confused gross with "tapped into the space time continuum". It's a skill.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I used to have a crush on the F-15E. My first base was RAF Lakenheath. When I first walked into a PAS/HAS (whatever you wanna call them) as an 18 year old fresh out of high school and saw this beautiful beast up close, I about creamed my BDU pants.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It is, indeed. It is the embodiment of all the evidence that the so-called "lightweight fighter mafia" in the Pentagon could not have been more wrong. It's big, robust, complex, expensive, and very, very effective because it is the final product of the fighter design team that belonged to James S. McDonnell in St. Louis. Thanks to the efforts of Gen. Bill Creech and a few others, we have a bunch of them today, although not nearly enough. I've had back-seat flights in them at every one of their main bases -- Seymour, Mountain Home, Elmendorf and Lakenheath. The McDonnell F-15E Strike Eagle is a great aircraft and has enormous potential for future development.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't trust F-15s. They're always trying to usurp authority.

I like to vector out my space voids to at least 5m.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As far as I know, it's still the most potent weapons platform in the world.

As a nonner, I had the great honor (a nonner honor?) to be assigned as the 1st Sgt to an F-15E maintenance unit and got to deploy with them. Got to see them up close and see the weapons videos from the missions. It's one awesome beast.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Thread Information