Thread: East Asian Security Crisis! Is This A Golden Oppurtunity?

Tak Guest

Default Re: East Asian Security Crisis! Is This A Golden Oppurtunity?

All I can think about is Mongolian BBQ, not sure its related, but sure tastes good!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Exclamation East Asian Security Crisis! Is This A Golden Oppurtunity?

It seems to me that this current security crisis in Korea is a golden opportunity to begin reuniting the Korean Peninsula. I believe China knows that would be in their best interest. If Korea is reunified as what happened to Germany, then the first thing that will happen is the Americans will leave! Isn't that what China wants? A prosperous demilitarized Korean neighbor would compliment China nicely---both nations will prosper and regional tensions would ease.
    North Korea is so bellicose and outside diplomatic norms now that even China can no longer tolerate the snot nosed brat in its backyard who is continually disturbing the peace and acting like a yobboish lout! I believe they now want to send that young man to his room and take his X-Box and rice bowl away. Even China has limits to what they will tolerate in their backyard.

If the Norko's lob something, then our response will be proportional. I don't see regime change happening. North Korea can't sustain it's foul ways. They will crumble from within.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You want Mongolian barbeque GI? Stir fry better! You make! You must make sauce! 5 tablespoon soy, 3 tablespoon sherry wine, 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste, one tablespoon oyster sauce, one tablespoon brown sugar, one tablespoon sesame oil, one tablespoon rice wine vinegar, half cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoon cornstarch for thickener. Excellent stir fry sauce! To stir fry shellfish or meat, you must use 4 egg whites, one teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoon cornstarch---whip it up like Keithfuciuos says! Dip tofu, meat or shellfish in egg white / cornstarch batter and deep fry in peanut oil---add some extra virgin peanut oil too along with the regular for extra flavor. Set meat and tofu aside and stir fry vegtables, add meat / tofu and then add stir fry sauce. Serve over rice. You go now and cook. Make family happy!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPowers View Post
    You want Mongolian barbeque GI? Stir fry better! You make! You must make sauce! 5 tablespoon soy, 3 tablespoon sherry wine, 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste, one tablespoon oyster sauce, one tablespoon brown sugar, one tablespoon sesame oil, one tablespoon rice wine vinegar, half cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoon cornstarch for thickener. Excellent stir fry sauce! To stir fry shellfish or meat, you must use 4 egg whites, one teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoon cornstarch---whip it up like Keithfuciuos says! Dip tofu, meat or shellfish in egg white / cornstarch batter and deep fry in peanut oil---add some extra virgin peanut oil too along with the regular for extra flavor. Set meat and tofu aside and stir fry vegtables, add meat / tofu and then add stir fry sauce. Serve over rice. You go now and cook. Make family happy!
    Your grammar in this post is racist towards Asian people. This post has been reported.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It seems to me that this current security crisis in Korea is a golden opportunity to begin reuniting the Korean Peninsula. I believe China knows that would be in their best interest. If Korea is reunified as what happened to Germany, then the first thing that will happen is the Americans will leave!
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Having said that, (1) America is still in Germany, (2) the reunification of West and East Germany almost crashed the West German economy and, to this day, there remains an East/West divide in social-economic terms, (3) China would rather have a rabid bastard of a nation that is THEIR bastard right on their doorstep, instead of having a free, democratic, economically-powerful nation who meets all the criteria of being a regional "great power" that they have no control over other than through measures that would hurt China on the global stage.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It seems to me that this current security crisis in Korea is a golden opportunity to begin reuniting the Korean Peninsula. I believe China knows that would be in their best interest. If Korea is reunified as what happened to Germany, then the first thing that will happen is the Americans will leave! Isn't that what China wants? A prosperous demilitarized Korean neighbor would compliment China nicely---both nations will prosper and regional tensions would ease.
    North Korea is so bellicose and outside diplomatic norms now that even China can no longer tolerate the snot nosed brat in its backyard who is continually disturbing the peace and acting like a yobboish lout! I believe they now want to send that young man to his room and take his X-Box and rice bowl away. Even China has limits to what they will tolerate in their backyard.

If the Norko's lob something, then our response will be proportional. I don't see regime change happening. North Korea can't sustain it's foul ways. They will crumble from within.
    Of the parties with a stake on the Korean Peninsula, only North Korea has consistently sought reunification -- but on terms unacceptable to everyone else. South Korea especially, as well as the United States, China and Japan have consistently sought to keep the country divided.

The last thing the Chinese want is for the Americans to leave (although they did, soon after the 1953 armistice). They see the American presence as a guarantor of stability.

North Korea seems to consistently be an exception to the rules when it comes to events that cause a regime co collapse form within.

Up until about ten years ago, I wanted the U.S. to withdraw, abrogate the 1954 Mutual Defense Treaty (our bribe to South Korea in exchange for its extremely reluctant acquiescence to the armistice) and let the Koreans work it out themselves. Today, I'm more inclined toward the view that the U.S. presence helps to deter a horrible war.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Why would the Chinese want us off of the peninsula? In my opinion it makes better sense economically. If NK ceased to exist it would flood the market with fresh cheap labor. Kind of the effect of China itself coming out of commie isolation. Plus, it's a nice money drain on us that they can leverage. NK is like the punk kid neighbor that the Chinese can control.

Thread Information