Thread: Photo Albums and Pictures

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Photo Albums and Pictures

I am having a lot of trouble since the up/down-grade of this forum... can anyone post instructions on how to upload a photo or otherwise make it available to include in a post?

Thanks in advance!
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Photo Albums and Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    I am having a lot of trouble since the up/down-grade of this forum... can anyone post instructions on how to upload a photo or otherwise make it available to include in a post?

Thanks in advance!
    So efmb-man, you go to the above menu bar contained within this 'reply' box and click the 'insert image' icon. A small window opens with the choice of uploading from your computer or from a URL. Choose which mode and then if from your own files, another window opens. find the image you want and click on it and choose open. The image with be uploaded onto MTF. If you choose a link, insert the URL and click 'ok.' When finished with your comment, click 'post quick reply' as usual and there you have it.
    You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah that's the procedure I remember, and I can do exactly what you described - in this thread! But in the thread I started and I want to reply to, I do not get the option to choose "From Computer".

Maddening...

Thanks for verifing, F4CC.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Yeah that's the procedure I remember, and I can do exactly what you described - in this thread! But in the thread I started and I want to reply to, I do not get the option to choose "From Computer".

Maddening...

Thanks for verifing, F4CC.
    It is maddening! I've had the situation occur before as well; I think it's a bandwidth issue but no matter. The solution is to have a site that will store you pics like flickr. When you upload a pic there, it stays in the 'cloud; and allows you to post it lots of places in different formats, sizes, etc. A word of caution: be sure to select the link for "BBCode" and uncheck the 'remote' box in the window for posting here on the forum. Good luck!

[IMG] girlsrstrong by F4CrewChick, on Flickr[/IMG]
    You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    It is maddening! I've had the situation occur before as well; I think it's a bandwidth issue but no matter. The solution is to have a site that will store you pics like flickr. When you upload a pic there, it stays in the 'cloud; and allows you to post it lots of places in different formats, sizes, etc. A word of caution: be sure to select the link for "BBCode" and uncheck the 'remote' box in the window for posting here on the forum. Good luck!

[IMG] girlsrstrong by F4CrewChick, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Great picture. Not patronizing to girls at all.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Testing to see if I can post pictures....

Ron Swanson Pyramid Of Greatness.jpg
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Thread Information