Thread: Obama Overrides Congress to Buy $690 Million Worth of Russian Choppers for Afghans

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Obama Overrides Congress to Buy $690 Million Worth of Russian Choppers for Afghan

Few mil here a few mil there...I didn't know we had it this good as a country nowadays. O well as I say time and time and TIME again...you get what you vote for...you might have been fooled the first time (I was) but you've no excuse this time around.
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Obama Overrides Congress to Buy $690 Million Worth of Russian Choppers for Afghans

"Apparently America has too many jobs so Obama will be spending taxpayer money to support Russia’s defense industry on behalf of Afghanistan. And he’s doing so over the bipartisan objections of Congress from both the right and left and a ban on buying them written into the NDAA."

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenf...han-air-force/

What a serious asshole.
    Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep

Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Obama Overrides Congress to Buy $690 Million Worth of Russian Choppers for Afghan

The total figure is $900 million for Russian helicopters and weapons for the Afghan military, and it was approved by the Bush administration. Former Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel also approved the purchase. I sent him a letter in 2005 protesting his actions. He did not respond. The Afghan military did not want our helicopters or assault weapons. They wanted the tried and true AK47. The Russian military is preparing to go back to Afghanistan in 2014 to maintain the weapons and helicopters. I sent a letter in February to Nebraska Senators Mike Johanns and Deb Fischer with my concerns. They did not respond.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Chances are they would use these ones or we would give them our own. Either way it would have happened.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I can not say what I am thinking right now... on the internet.
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Thread Information