Thread: Active Denial System (ADS)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Active Denial System (ADS)

I was reading an article that says the Air Force is soliciting contract bids for new research on the “bio-effects” of radiation from non-lethal energy weapons.

They want to find out if these weapons can cause changes to the body at the molecular level.

According to news stories from 2010 we deployed an Active Denial System (ADS) to Afghanistan in 2010 but recalled it a few months later due to concerns it would be a propaganda boon for the Taliban if we started zapping too many non-combatants.

I am fascinated by technology such as this and think it could be developed into a whole new class of lethal weapons and non-lethal weapons.

I’m just thinking outside the box but this technology has a myriad of uses beyond weaponry.

The non-lethal versions could be modified to encourage airmen to achieve faster PT run times or perhaps they could be used to zap subcutaneous fat cells around the bellies of airmen who have an abdominal circumference greater than 36 inches.

We don’t have to have all these problems; we can solve them with our technology.

I envision fixing the EPR system by replacing the majority of our personnel with robots one day.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Active Denial System (ADS)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I envision fixing the EPR system by replacing the majority of our personnel with robots one day.
    This is something the military has been working towards for decades anyway. They'll perfect it just about the same time that SkyNet takes over

Thread Information